Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I was washing spidey yesterday and as I was rinsing the hood, I noticed little pieces of black stuff coming out from under the trim piece that runs along the bottom of the windshield (The one that's secured by two screws, one on each side of the car). I then noticed that there was a fairly large gap b/t the trim and the car, so I peered underneath and noticed that a lot of rubber was disintigrating along the bottom of the windshield. I also noticed that the clips that remained were rusted and bent all out of shape. I pressed on a clip with my pinky finger and it simply broke off. Good news is that there was no rust on the car, just the flimsey little clips.

Question 1: Is the rubber that's disintegrating just the $64 windshield trim for sale at IAP?
Question 2: Where can I get replacement clips for the trim piece (couldn't find them on centerline or IAP), and how are they affixed to the car?
Question 3: Is this a common problem?

Thanks,

Ken

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Answer to Q2:
The Clips are unobtanium. They clip onto the metal of the carunder the windshield gasket. The Air intake vallance clips into these clips. I believe there are 6 or 8. I believe I have 5 left from a difficult and long search some while back.
Q1: I would guess that your windshield gasket is no longer caulked enough to keep water from pooling and rusting the steel clips. The solution is removing the windshield clean out old caulking, POR 15 rust proofing and touch up paint and new gasketwith professional windshield install C/w the sealants etc.,
That is what I found.

Best regards, Elio

1 - 2 of 2 Posts