Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My windshield on the above vehicle has a few small chips ( maybe 3, quite small). Thinking about replacing the windshield but I don't want to if the glass is original ( all the other glass is). Does anyone know what the etching on the original glass would have looked like? The etching on my glass passenger windows says SECURIT inside of a diamond shape, which I believe is original glass.

Would the original windshield have been the same etching as the passenger windows, as the current one has etching that says JEMEPPE with the word LACETEX inside some semicircles? Looks old as well but don't know if original...

Anyone with knowledge would be most helpful. thanks

·
Premium Member
1968 1750 Roundtail Spider Euro version
330 Posts
AFAIK - there were 2 manufacturers of windshields - SECURIT and JEMEPPE. I think it would be possible to have a mix/match of manufacturers for the windows/windshield. We're talking Italian here..:)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AFAIK - there were 2 manufacturers of windshields - SECURIT and JEMEPPE. I think it would be possible to have a mix/match of manufacturers for the windows/windshield. We're talking Italian here..:)
That's awesome!! So it appears as if the windshield is original glass as well. I want to keep the vehicle as original as possible so I am not changing out the windshield. Thanks!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts