Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every one knows it's a PITA, and this has been discussed before, though not recently, and I have a question.

Is there any difference between 1900/2000 windshield base rubber seal and the same for the Giulia. Mine is a little too thick to settle down nicely over the welded seam, and I am thinking it may be the wrong seal Cocognani has a separate part number, and this increases my suspicion. Any knowledge about this would be helpful.

Barry

·
Push hard and live
9,582 Posts
A "separate part number" from what? I would be very surprised if ANY of the rubber components on a 102 were the same as a 105.

Every one knows it's a PITA, and this has been discussed before, though not recently, and I have a question.

Is there any difference between 1900/2000 windshield base rubber seal and the same for the Giulia. Mine is a little too thick to settle down nicely over the welded seam, and I am thinking it may be the wrong seal Cocognani has a separate part number, and this increases my suspicion. Any knowledge about this would be helpful.

Barry

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, clarification. I am referring to the 101 Giulia Spider windshield base seal that has a number different than that for the 102 Spider. Many aspects of the widow constructions are similar. The rubber seals I have for the rear of the window posts are almost identical to the original, but not, just too wide. Who knows?

Barry

·
Push hard and live
9,582 Posts
Psychic

Barry,

Few of us are psychic. Are you saying that you are using parts intended for a 101? If so, I strongly suggest you order the correct parts. They fit and work fine. No problem laying flat, although I don't recall a welded seam in that area. When I get home I'll go through my pics and see if they show such a seam.

Note that the 101 convertibles were built by PF, and the 102 by Touring. The various parts might look similar, but all you need in this type application is 1/16 difference, and you're screwed.

Sorry, clarification. I am referring to the 101 Giulia Spider windshield base seal that has a number different than that for the 102 Spider. Many aspects of the widow constructions are similar. The rubber seals I have for the rear of the window posts are almost identical to the original, but not, just too wide. Who knows?

Barry

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don, I have new rubber that came with the car and is supposed to be for the 102 Spider. I don't know where it came from and have no parts numbers. I am just searching for the reason I am having trouble. I do know the rubber on the rear of the posts is way over size, hence I wonder if all the rubber is incorrect. I'll ask the PO for more info. I know he bought lots of stuff from Re-Originals, with whom I have had trouble communicating lately. You are right 1/16 is way too much to tolerate.

Barry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts