Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Interest in selling complete car

jthraen,

Are you considering (if you haven't already) selling one of your Berlinas? I've often thought about picking up a Berlina if I could make the numbers work, but since I can't recall one ever coming up for sale in TX since I've been into Alfas (late 90's). However, the windshield issue is not as big of a deal for me because Matt Jones (Re-Originals) is local to me, & there are plenty of windshield installers in my area who do good work for cheap.

So, the windshield I can get locally. What I can't seem to get locally is the Berlina that goes around it.:D

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
I've never spoken to Andrew personally, but I read his AD postings with interest, & I visit the Berlina Registry regularly. That is a nice car, & I can't think of a better person to buy a Berlina from. However, that's quite a bit nicer & more expensive (but fairly priced) than what I had in mind.

Being that my wife & I have both recently transitioned to older vehicles as daily drivers (got sick of car payments plus I have job security concerns), I've been kicking around the idea of getting a backup car. I'm after something serveicable & complete but not pristine; read something cheap. It would live in the garage, be driven occasionally, & be pressed into daily service should one of our primary vehicles be down for repairs.

I consider a Berlina an excellent candidate, but they never come up for sale in TX. Transport costs from the east or west coast to TX usually make it cost-prohibitive to buy one over distance. I was hoping that you left that '69 mostly complete & took only the windshield & maybe a few other minor bit. I figured an almost complete Berlina minus a windshield would be an inexpensive way to get one even with transport costs. However, with the entire interior gone, I'd say it's parted out a bit more than what I'd like to deal with.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts