Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can buy a new or near perfect windshield for my Berlina? I had a glue-in style which broke when I tried to remove it. Now I need a new one, preferably a snap in style with a rubber gasket. I will also need the snap-in style trim, as mine had the glued on style and is probably not salvageable.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good idea, but I have already spoke to him.

Here is what I have learned so far -

New windshields are available from Matt at ReOriginals. $380 - Not a bad price. But this is where things get expensive. Since my original was a glue-in, the trim was destroyed in the process of removing it. So, I need to buy a new rubber gasket, $110, used trim, $190.00, have it polished, say $50.00. Add in $35 for the crate used to ship the glass, and $150 for freight not to mention installation, and we are at nearly $1,000.00!

My solution - buy another Berlina of course!

I found a very complete 1969 Berlina near Santa Cruz for only $300!

So, if anyone is looking for parts, let me know. This car was pretty moldy, but very complete. The PO included numerous spares as well. I have got four radiators, two engines, a pair of nice Spider seats and so many other parts that I have not had time to sort through them yet.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
re: Wiper motor

I cannot believe that your side markers sold for only $1.25! I would have bid 20 bucks! I didn't think anyone else cared about Berlinas.

I have at least two spare wiper motors, so let me look for them and make sure that they work. You can have it for the cost of shipping plus a couple of beers, should we ever cross paths!

If neither of the spare motors work, I have a guy who rebuilt my heater fan motor for only $15! I am sure he could do the same for a wiper motor.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I may sell one of them. The '71 Verde Metallic one is a full restoration project. I have a complete new leather interior from Matt, a complete color change paint job, and a complete engine from Sperry Valve Works. I even have a set of GTA rims for it. Looks great with the lowered springs and Koni's. Hopefully, it will be on the road within two weeks.

The white car was purchased as a parts car. I have already stripped the interior including the dash, pulled the motor and trans, as well as the front and rear glass. The car is amazingly straight, I cannot find any evidence of a prior collision. The bad news here is that there is rust along all the door bottoms, a little in the rockers, but the worst rust is in the rear door jams.

I have been considering welding in a roll cage and dropping in a hot 2 liter motor, and using it as a club racer!

I would sell it real cheap if you promised to restore it. I really love these little cars and would hate to see it junked.

Now with all that said, if you really want a Berlina, I would recommend that you contact Andrew Watry of the Berlina register. He has a 1973 Berlina for sale on craigslist.com. I think he is asking $3250, which is a bargain compared to what I have tied up in my car. He sent me some photos, so I posted one here. The interior of this car looks great!

If you would prefer the project, let me know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts