Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just taken the dashboard off in order to put on new wood veneer and I noticed the two windshield defroster hoses are pretty well finished- many cracks and splits. What do you guys use as replacement hoses? No vendor I've visited on the web seems to carry these items. Are there alternative hoses available that would work?
TIA, daveydog

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody know? I've heard that the Spider defroster hoses will work even though they're longer and would have to be cut down to size. The hoses are 75 mm in diameter, does this mean I have to visit the wreckers?

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, I'm there 116. There doesn't seem to be much of a response about those hoses so I'm going to assume that they just ain't available! Time to scout the aftermarket stores I suppose. It's just strange that no other GTV owners have had this problem in their own restorations. Or maybe they do know and they're just keeping it a secret heheheh.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
The hose is the same for the GTV, Spider, Berlina (1750/2000), Being an accordian style I never have seen a good replacement. What I do is cut the stock hose into two pieces that will fit over the ends at the heater box and defroster vents and fill in between with a generic vinyl/metal coil hose using wire ties to secure the alfa ends to the generic hose in the middle. Picto gram: ><><=====><><

·
Registered
8,770 Posts
Daveydog...
Where are you getting the veneer for your dash? I'd loke to do the veneer on my '73 Berlina.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Try an aircraft parts supplier, like Aircraft Spruce. Here's a link to some spiral reinforced hot air hose:

AERODUCT CAT from Aircraft Spruce

This stuff isn't OE, but it's similar and will work better and last longer. :)

Good luck,

Chuck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts