Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a place in the San Francisco Bay Area that would be able to help me re-assemble my windshield (for 63 Spider) back together nicely? I've gotten the windshield posts chromed, and am now ready for re-assembly.

Thanks.

·
Registered
8,195 Posts
Any topless bar will do. You just need another pair of hands and common sense to assemble everything as a unit before you drop it onto the car. It's like framing a picture. Bottom first, then sides, then top.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Patrick,
One important thing is to make sure that there is no paint in the sockets for the windscreen posts. I cleaned mine out and the posts sat at least 2mm lower and positively compressed the rubber seals between the posts and the body. I coated the socket inner surfaces with copperslip to protect them and to allow easy rotational movement of the posts when dropping the assembly into place.
I also bonded into place the vertical rubbers and made cut-outs in the back face to allow them to sit in the curve at the base of the screen. Other than that, and a bead of sealant below the bottom rubber, it dropped into place and bolted up beautifully.
However, a pair of hands from the topless bar may not speed up the operation but may well make it more enjoyable.
See you in October.

·
Registered
581 Posts
hey pat,

Bob at Franks in Berkeley put new rubber on my windscreen... he did a great job.

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey pat,

Bob at Franks in Berkeley put new rubber on my windscreen... he did a great job.
Can I have Bob's contact info.? I'm actually coming up to Glenn Oliveria's on Wednesday to drop off some stuff.

Is Frank's a topless bar? Nice! :D

·
Registered
581 Posts
no, Pat it's not running yet... I was going to put another 1600 engine in it, but have now decided to rebuild the original engine with some high compression pistons...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts