Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well based on the success of my last post (re: carbies) I have another one for the group...

My GTV's windscreen wiper motor has 2 settings-slow and very slow. In fact I would be quite happy to go out on a limb here and say that it is useless in anything other than drizzle rain.

I understand that this is quite typical. Is there a fix to this issue? Or have people installed non genuine motors?

This isn't a big problem, because I am not in the habbit of taking my baby out when it is raining, but it does happen.

Jason

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
This happens quite often. Usually it is attributable to a combination of reduced voltage getting to the motor because of dirty and corroded contacts and a motor that is getting worn out anyway.

The fix? You can have your wiper motor rewound or re-built by a competent electric motor shop...and you should replace ALL the wiring from the fuze box to the motor, including ALL 'grounds'.

The fact that your two-speed switch is still working in both speeds is a good sign! :D

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
By the way, welcome to the BB!

I have a young Australian Naval Officer who works for me who is returning to WA nest February to take over as the Executive Officer in HMAS ARUNTA. He currently leases my Milano Verde (a 75 with a 3.0L to you) and owns a nice '84 FIAT Spider (actually badged as a PININFARINA, as FIAT stopped importing Spiders o the USA in '82).

He is a member of the local Alfa club here and wants to buy a nice used Alfa (maybe a new series GTV?) when he gets back home. Do you have any contacts? Is there good Alfa support there? Anything you might do to help 'my pet Aussie' get comfortable with buying and owning an Alfa in WA would be great!

You can reach him directly by e-mail at: [email protected].

Thanks in advance! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts