Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my last issues with the Alfa is that the driver's side window doesn't crank down all the way. The window crank won't turn anymore and I don't want to force anything for fear of breaking the crank or something internal. Is this an easy fix?

Attachments

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Since you didn't get an answer... the short one is ... Remove the door panel and adjust the location of the window regulator.. 4 screws. There should be holes in the door to allow some adjustment of the location. Trial and error... just like the factory did it. The stop on the window travel is in the regulator itself. That is not adjustable.

·
Registered
419 Posts
There are adjustable limit stops on the winder mechanism which limit both up and down travel of the actuating arm.
From memory, they are about 20mm diameter eccentric discs, and fairly hard to loosen.

Joe

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
There are adjustable limit stops on the winder mechanism which limit both up and down travel of the actuating arm.
From memory, they are about 20mm diameter eccentric discs, and fairly hard to loosen.

Joe
Joe, if I am not mistaken the Spider regulator has only one arm that is connected to a semi-circular sprocket controlled by the window crank driving a gear. The sprocket acts as the stop by having the last tooth bent over to prevent it from falling out of the little drive gear as it comes to the end of the sprocket. I'm pretty sure the only way to control travel is to adjust the location of the regulator itself. Sprints are a completely different animal, if that matters to those wondering the question.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Rick,

I think I am right.
I am out of the country at present; I will look for photos of my mechanism when I return later this week.

Joe

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
(To me),your window looks a little high toward the front anyway,so Ricks' suggestion AFA adjusting the mechanism makes sense.That alone might solve the problem.Here are pics of the two adjustment eccentrics Joe's talking about.It looks to me that these are fine adjusters(maybe 3/16"adjustment range,give or take) for adjusting only vertical travel when the window is at its highest or lowest positions/limits.An adjustment here might work for you as well.To loosen the eccentric,have the window up,use some penetrating fluid,the thinnest,widest blade screwdriver you have or can make(soft Alfa metal,mars easily),and a 10mm wrench.Hold the eccentric,turn the nut to loosen,adjust eccentric as needed,tighten nut.First picture shows window in down position,against eccentric.Hope this helps and/or someone chimes in.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts