Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Push hard and live
9,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m not having much luck finding new rubber seals for my Alfetta GT. Although the rust was mostly kept at bay by living in Arizona much of its life, the rubber stuff suffered.

Classic Alfa doesn’t seem aware of 116s. Centerline mainly lists things that also fit 105/115s. OKP does a little better, but even they sent me an oil pressure sender that doesn’t play nicely with the Veglia gauges.

Is there someplace I can get ALL of the correct window and door seals?

·
Push hard and live
9,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have reviewed Cicognani, but even they don’t seem to have it all. And WOW, 116 rubber makes a 102 look cheap!

·
Premium Member
832 Posts
Don: Highwood Alfa in the UK is, in my opinion, the best source for Alfetta parts. EB Spares(also in the UK) is another excellent source. Highwood owner Chris Sweetapple is a terrific source for Alfetta questions. These two sources are my starting point for every Alfetta parts search,

·
Push hard and live
9,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to both of you.

I try to avoid Mr. Fiat. He uses the same sources as everyone else, but actually stocks very little so the shipment time is long, prices higher, and return policy ridiculous.

After making my post last night, I reviewed Highwood and EBSpares. Promising, and I’ll give them a try.

I spent about 30 years in the auto parts biz, most of it imported cars. We took great pride in knowing our trade. Accuracy and knowledge of related issues was a minimum standard.

These days of online sales are discouraging. In a great many cases, one is offered a picture, and a sentence or two suggesting that the part might, or might not, fit the car you’ve entered in your query.

This is prompted by my discovery last night that the window seals might be “type 1” or “type 2”, or something like that. Pictures are lousy, dim and blurry. Just how am I to know which one I have? As a stock profile, how much do I order?

I think the Highwood site listed a recommended quantity for one of the seals, but the rest assume the customer is telepathic.

Arghhhhhh

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
I dealt with Highwood recently to get the window seals for my GTV6 and found them friendly and helpful to deal with. I hadn't discovered it yet but they pointed out that the seal on the door where the triangular little window is, is a different profile that what is on the main door window.

·
Registered
1979 Sprint Veloce
68 Posts
I emailed EB Spares last night to see if GTV/GTV6 side molding clips might work with my '79 US Alfetta GT, and they replied with exact measurements/dimensions of the clips so I could measure them against my molding:

"Width of the wide cross piece is 14.5mm length (from side to side) 22mm
Width of the narrow cross piece is 8mm length (from side to side 21.5mm

The hole size is approx 8.5mm"

I thought that was nice bit of customer service for a part that costs about 3 bucks :)

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
The front triangular glass panels to the front on a GTV6 door do not open, as noted above. But I think I remember that those do swing open on Alfetta Coupes. So maybe that's the confusion there?

·
Registered
11 Posts
The front triangular glass panels to the front on a GTV6 door do not open, as noted above. But I think I remember that those do swing open on Alfetta Coupes. So maybe that's the confusion there?
just finished my 1977 Alfetta. Replaced 'all the rubber. Used Mr Fiat took a awhile but they had it all! It it all shipped from Italy! Door rubber, rear hatch rubber , all exterior window seals! Easy out very difficult install! Old rubber shrunk,new rubber not. Used needle nosed vice grip, in stages! And luv the track way!! Almost $ 500.00 or the rubber!! On the Alfetta gt those Windows operate. How ever the little worm drive gear box usually to be over hauled! It is riveted together need some mechanical skills to fix!

·
Push hard and live
9,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You make my case on Mr. Fiat. It’s easy to set up an account with Cicognani, who supply everone’s Alfa rubber, and just buy direct. If you go over to their site and compare what you paid to Mr. Fiat, I’d enjoy hearing the results.

My question about source was mostly answered by referencing Highwood, and their familiarity with Alfettas. With undescribed options in the catalogs, I’d rather buy from someone with experience.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts