Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I get to the wiper motor? If anyone has any photos, please post.:confused:

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
not 100% sure if it is the same for an 85, but I think it's pretty much the same as with my 67
You need to take off the cowl panel...the panel that the wipers sit on. If you open the hood, you'll likely see I believe four small bolts at the front end of the panel, on the side of the engine compartment. You need to take them out. Then you also need to take the wipers off, and the nuts attaching the wiper assemblies to the panel. Then you can take the panel off, and have access to the wiper motor

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much for your reply. I will take a look at it tonight.

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
Simular but slightly different:

Remove the trim strip on the bottom of the windsheild (2 screws at ends, slip trim out toward front of car, don't pull straight up as it's got clips under there holding it)

Roll back the rubber lip at the firewall edge of the engine bay to reveal 4 screws holding the cowl on.

Remove the wiper arms and the screws near the base of them. Remove them.

Slide the whole cowl toward the front of the car just a bit til it disengages the clips under where the windshield trim was.

Pop it up, unhook the squirter hose, put it over there --> in the corner out of the way so you can work on the wiper motor.

It likely won't be very willing to come out the firts time BTW as things do like to take a set after so many years......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts