Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Wayne, I'm not home to double check but I think I have the same wind deflector from Classic Alfa. I did not have to drill holes. It attached to the existing top mechanism. I sent you the directions from Classic Alfa in a PM. Al

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
501 Posts
I've had a CA deflector on mine for eight years and wouldn't be without it especially on cold winter drives, it fits under the top easily and if you need you can push it down out of the way while driving, it also acts as a bit of a security device in that when its folded flat it stops anyone from reaching into the rear storage area, mine has the two bendy brackets which keep it out of the way of the soft top, no drilling required

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
If it's cold and I need a deflector, I'll drive the X1/9 or 348ts. haha. Built in!

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have a wind deflector for my Spider S3. I never use it when driving by myself. I think it defeats the purpose of having an old rag top sports car, which needs to be driven top down all the time, come sun, rain, sleek, snow or hail at all speeds, all terrain.

However, my wife thinks differently. I will say this; these wind deflectors are pretty effective if you need to be cruising on the motorways at speeds over 50-60mph for long stretches. So I put mine on only if my wife is coming along and we will need to cruise on motorways for a long time. (E.g. when travelling to France from the Netherlands).

So effectively I tend to use it one or two weeks a year. My wife is fine without it, touring around the endless little B roads around where we live. For maximum effect you also need to close of the space between the two chair underneath the deflector. We usually just put one of our bags behind the chairs and that “plugs” this hole.

Jeroen

·
Registered
'84 Spider Veloce
758 Posts
My deflector's made of lexan, mounts with sprinkler tees to the headrest posts, and extends down to the shelf so the wind tunnel between the seats is blocked. There's still plenty of breeze and no feeling of restriction, but way less buffeting, much less noise, and my hat (large brim for sun protection) stays on. My wife, with long hair, can enjoy the car - we even hear each other on the freeway.

My top is only up when the car has to stay overnight at the mechanic's.

David OD
Laguna CA
Car Vehicle Land vehicle Wheel Plant

·
Premium Member
1988 Spider Veloce
27 Posts
Has any used a wind deflector on their spider? How do you like it? Pluses and minuses?
View attachment 1711633
Wind Deflector Link

If you have one, can you tell me how these brackets are attached to the car? Do you have to drill new holes, etc.?
View attachment 1711634

Thanks,
Wayne
Has any used a wind deflector on their spider? How do you like it? Pluses and minuses?
View attachment 1711633
Wind Deflector Link

If you have one, can you tell me how these brackets are attached to the car? Do you have to drill new holes, etc.?
View attachment 1711634

Thanks,
Wayne
Hi Wayne,
I put one on about 12 years ago and it does a great job. It was easy to install - I will try to attach the installation instructions that came with it as a pdf.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Krijn

Attachments

·
Registered
501 Posts
I have a wind deflector for my Spider S3. I never use it when driving by myself. I think it defeats the purpose of having an old rag top sports car, which needs to be driven top down all the time, come sun, rain, sleek, snow or hail at all speeds, all terrain.

However, my wife thinks differently. I will say this; these wind deflectors are pretty effective if you need to be cruising on the motorways at speeds over 50-60mph for long stretches. So I put mine on only if my wife is coming along and we will need to cruise on motorways for a long time. (E.g. when travelling to France from the Netherlands).

So effectively I tend to use it one or two weeks a year. My wife is fine without it, touring around the endless little B roads around where we live. For maximum effect you also need to close of the space between the two chair underneath the deflector. We usually just put one of our bags behind the chairs and that “plugs” this hole.

Jeroen
I don't use mine if its hot but otherwise always especially when touring distance, motorways are horribly boring if efficient so I avoid them at all costs, I've got a piece of hardboard covered in the Skai material which I use to block that gap, definitely worth it, maybe I'm a pussy but the deflector makes driving even more pleasant for me so that's a win

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts