Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This last weekend I attended the Alfa Club event a the big Willow track. I had not been on this track since the mid 1990's.
I entered my 1974 GTV, I was there for both Saturday and Sunday. We had a Alfa only run group, with around 8 cars.
A few 4c's a Guila, and 4 other GTV's, my car was the most stock GTV on hand. My mechanic had a garage space for one of his customers,
that I was able to tag along with them. My track times started out around 2:05 (slow).
By the end of Sunday I had one of my last laps at 1:54 (my personal goal). The other GTV's had times around the mid 1:40's.
I did have a Fuel problem with my fuel filter. You can see the car jacked up in one photo. Once that was fixed, the car ran great.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,448 Posts
That must have been fun! I tip my hat to ya.

·
Registered
230 Posts
It was great meeting you and chasing you around the track. It was clear to me that your times were getting a lot better. You have a beautiful GTV. Hope to see you again out there. Andy (the red GTV with the green front end.)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Andy,
Thanks for the nice comments. I was happy with my 1:54 lap time at the end of Sunday.
Your GTV was so nicely prepared, and I love the red with green frontend. It took me over two hours to clean my car yesterday. But now it is back to way I like it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alfaromeoblack, I wonder if my car was owned by your dad, I know it has always been a California car. My car was built in November 1974.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
It was great to see you out there Ron. Beautiful car, well detailed.
We are now seeing 4Cs and now a new Giulia making multiple track days. The 4C of Bill Johns has over 12 track days so far with no problems.
But Ron, we, AROSC, may have to sort of curb your "Keep the Alfa looking it best at all times" mantra. You stopping mid way down the front straight during a session so that you can spray wax the hood to remove track dust poses some safety issues. But we love you anyway.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It was great to see you out there Ron. Beautiful car, well detailed.
We are now seeing 4Cs and now a new Giulia making multiple track days. The 4C of Bill Johns has over 12 track days so far with no problems.
But Ron, we, AROSC, may have to sort of curb your "Keep the Alfa looking it best at all times" mantra. You stopping mid way down the front straight during a session so that you can spray wax the hood to remove track dust poses some safety issues. But we love you anyway.
Now come on, t is true I like my car clean. I only stopped on the front straight once, and that was to clean my windshield. Ha Ha:p

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
I love big Willow. Glad you had a great time. I hope to make it out there next Jan/Feb. Too hot in October.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts