Alfa Romeo Forums banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Thanks.
It was 1:36.9 just before lunch on Sunday, but 1:38.7 during the timed run in the afternoon.
Too bad Greg H. in his GT3 doesn't have a transponder, because he was faster than me in every session.
Roy.

·
Premium Member
21,828 Posts
Anthony, you mean like this? (Sept 1978 TT at Riverside, sigh.) Yes that is an Alfetta sedan being timetrialed.

Alas, there just aren't that many Alfas around. I would love to see more out and we had a pretty good showing of Alfas generally and sedans specifically at Buttonwillow in May. But I just wonder if there aren't that many cars around to show up. I beat the bushes up here, but ARA country is kinda lame for track folks, and there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest.
Andrew

Attachments

·
Registered
913 Posts
The track seemed slippery in the afternoon session before the timed runs started.
The track has been resurfaced with some kind of slurry coat stuff. Off-line in some corners was indeed a bit slippery but the surface seemed a bit slow everywhere. People who can run consistent laps were doing roughly a second slower than usual all weekend.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Anyone know when we can expect the results on the club site? Thanks
Andrew
I'll post them as soon as I get them. If I get them by Monday, they'll go right up. After that I'll be out of town for a couple weeks so they'll have to wait.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Chasing Corvettes, a spin, and fast lap video

Willow Springs was fun. Thanks to all the folks who helped organize the weekend. Here is a video of me chasing Tony's Corvette ZR1 and Larry B's Z06. I also spun in Turn 1 when I drove off the track.
Enjoy.
Roy.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Is that all that signed up for Time Trials? I counted ten (10) in the results list and eleven (11) in race. Was it a skimpy turn out or did some results get lost?

·
Registered
913 Posts
Is that all that signed up for Time Trials? I counted ten (10) in the results list and eleven (11) in race. Was it a skimpy turn out or did some results get lost?
We had some people from TCRA running with us. We post their times at the track but, because they signed up through TCRA and not AROSC, we don't include them in our results. That may explain part of it.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts