Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Bruce, does this mean you'll want to save your car for the Porsche event? Maybe slow down and give the rest of us a chance.
Slower is not part of the plan. But my exhaust has been made a bit quieter in preparation for Laguna Seca so perhaps slower is in the cards. The PCA event provides a chance to lap the (full) Streets circuit, something we never seem to do. PCA do provide a short session of timed laps (autocross format) but the fun part for me is the DE.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Volunteers?

In an effort to keep our costs down, we might need a couple of volunteers this weekend to help with race car gridding, and possibly someone to help out putting cars out on the track at start/finish. Will discuss at the drivers meeting if needed.

Don't forget, we have moved from Italian time to German time, and will start the drivers meeting at 7:30 AM for all drivers except race group. Race group will have a short drivers meeting at 8:00 AM.

Thanks!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Our 240z is ready to go Time Trialing. :) About the only thing we didn't do was bathe it. Pete ended up doing a lot of the last minute work as I have come down with pneumonia. :( I'm on the up-swing now, but will be staying at home to finish my recovery. Pete says he will be there rain or shine. :)

We're sporting new tires and wheels, and boasting that we've lightened the car by 130 pounds. There's a good chance the car will brake better now that the rears are working and we've added an adjustable proportioning valve.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Weekend schedule info

We are looking forward to a great weekend at the track this Saturday & Sunday! Weather is forecast to be in the mid 80's all weekend, and the track has been resurfaced. Sounds real good to me!

We will hold our MANDATORY Drivers Meeting at 7:30 AM SHARP each day. This meeting will be for all drivers EXCEPT Race group. There will be a separate MANDATORY Race group meeting at 7:50 AM, immediately following the 1st meeting.

The schedule for the weekend is as below. Each day will use the same schedule, except the final race session on Saturday will be a "fun" race. On Sunday, the final race session will be an AROSC "Points" race.

Sorry about the formatting below. Cut & pasted from Excel...

SESSIONS
TIME
GROUP
TYPE
DURATION MIN

7:15
ALL
REGISTRATION

DVR MTG
7:30 AM PROMPT
REQUIRED FOR ALL DRIVERS
DRIVER'S MEETING

RACE DRIVER MTG
7:50 AM PROMPT
REQUIRED FOR ALL RACE DRIVERS
DRIVER'S MEETING

8:00 AM
TT - OPEN PASSING
PRACTICE

8:30 AM
SOLO/HPDE
PRACTICE

9:00 AM
TT - POINT BY PASSING
PRACTICE

9:30 AM
RACE
PRACTICE
10:00 AM
TT - OPEN PASSING
PRACTICE

10:30 AM
SOLO/HPDE
PRACTICE

11:00 AM
TT - POINT BY PASSING
PRACTICE

11:30 AM
RACE
PRACTICE
LUNCH
12:00 PM
LUNCH/INTRO
LUNCH
1:00 PM
TT - OPEN PASSING
PRACTICE

1:30 PM
SOLO/HPDE
PRACTICE

2:00 PM
TT - POINT BY PASSING
PRACTICE

2:30 AM
RACE
10 LAP  FUN  QUALIFYING RACE
3:00 PM
TT - OPEN PASSING
PRACTICE

3:30 AM
SOLO/HPDE
PRACTICE

4:00 PM
TT - POINT BY PASSING
PRACTICE

4:30 PM
RACE
12 LAP  FUN  RACE

5:00 PM
TRACK
CLOSED

See you there!

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Our new Director of Instruction

A preview of what we offer at the track.
Don't believe us?? Then come on out and see for your self.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Myth or Fact?

The graduating test is to drive a Ferarri 275GTB (V12) across Paris in under 10 minutes.

Bonus Points: How many red lights need to be run to get a passing grade?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Crew Chief needed.

I am very disappointed to miss another race weekend. For a few years I had gremlins that ruined my race weekends. Now that the car is sorted out, my work schedule prevents me from participating. I just don't have the time to get the car and the motorhome prepared for the events.

So. . . . If you know anyone who would like to become the crew chief for my fledgling race team for little or no pay, let me know. And by crew chief I mean the guy that has to do all of the work to get me and my equipment to the track while I do all of the racing and complaining when I dont win.

Seriously, if this is something that interests you, I am sure we can work out some form of compensation that works for both of us.

The car, trailer and motorhome are stored near the 605 and 210 freeways near Pasadena, CA. Most of my race weekends are at Buttonwillow or Willow Springs.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I a

So. . . . If you know anyone who would like to become the crew chief for my fledgling race team for little or no pay, let me know.

You can call me at 626-641-8611
Jeff,

The guys at "7's Only" at BRP do a great job of storing cars and or storing and preping for race day. Storage was very reasonable and when I got multiple events in a month at BRP I just leave my car and trailer with them and life is so much easier. They can also arrange arrive and drive for you.

·
Premium Member
21,157 Posts
Good weekend, if thinly attended. Gave us all a lot of track time. My Super is working pretty well, just in time to pull out its 2000 and install a 1600 so I'm CSRG legal.
Thanks to all who planned, participated, attended. I wish he had such a together Alfa group in NorCal.
Here are a few pics, including Santo's lineup, Jason Seal and me with our respective cars (we had an excellent dice in the first Sunday session, which was really fun), at atmospheric shot of a 69 GTV with the hills, and one of the Mustang that slow-rolled coming out of 9 during the race on Saturday. Happily the driver walked away. The car does not appear too damaged, kind of just bounced off the two edges of the roof, which is tweaked. Note that the roll cage did its job well; on the passenger side the roof is well embossed onto the cage tube.
Andrew

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Glad you guys had a good time. We appreciate all who came out to support the club. It has been a tough year financially, and it is always nice to see the Alfa Mafia down at the Hartman garage supporting us! Maybe one of these days, we will get enough Alfas to run some Alfa Cup races again.

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
What is it going to take for more Alfa's to show up? I remember the days when there were a dozen GTV's in class D and E with a few more in C. Other than that, another good event put on by AROSC.

I wonder if anyone broke any records this time around? The track seemed slippery in the afternoon session before the timed runs started.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I don't know about any records, but Roy Tsugawa turned a 1:36+ in his Corvette, a personal best. Something like a second faster than previously?

21 - 40 of 55 Posts