Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We will be holding our second Willow Springs track event of 2011 on Saturday & Sunday, October 1-2. We will be running our "new" run groups - Solo, Point-by, and Open Passing, plus our wheel to wheel race group. Weather should be great with the summer heat long gone!

Registration is now open for this event on MotorsportReg.com at:
MotorsportReg.com : AROSC Races, Time Trials, HPDEs announces AROSC HPDE, TT, Race Weekend (Sat 1 - Sun 2 Oct, 2011) info at Willow Springs Int'l Raceway, Rosamond, CA 93560 (8000)

Pricing for the event is $280 for TT groups, $300 for race. One day registration is also an option, and about half those amounts. See you there!

·
Premium Member
21,146 Posts
With all the Laguna excitement, this WS event is kind of flying under the radar. I signed up for TT just now, and my cousin in Palo Alto is coming too with his E30. We booked the Devonshire in Rosamond, as always, as closest to the track. $77 for a double room with track discount.
Andrew

·
Registered
60 Posts
I am signed up. It is a good chance to dial in your car and driving before Laguna. Like Terry said the weather will be nice in Oct at Willow Srings. See you all there.

Art

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend. I've kind of lost interest in the track events anyway, since I sold the GTV. I just enjoy driving my Super through the hills and countryside.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The event is only one month away and there are only 18 entries! What's the deal?
It is the electronic age! Our old paper mailer would usually go out about 5 weeks or a month before an event, and the entries would start to dribble in. Actually, at this point, entries are not too bad. It would be nice to see more though!

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
New "lap records" available at Willow Springs

The track has been resurfaced this year.
So, it would appear that your best lap time of the weekend should qualify as a "new class/personal lap record" as we have not run an event here since the resurfacing. (at least in your own record book)
So you better come out in a few weeks and get yourself into the record books.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The track has been resurfaced this year.
So, it would appear that your best lap time of the weekend should qualify as a "new class/personal lap record" as we have not run an event here since the resurfacing. (at least in your own record book)
So you better come out in a few weeks and get yourself into the record books.
So does that mean the bumps in turn 8 are now gone, or did they just make then stickier?

·
Premium Member
21,146 Posts
Manuel, I think you have enough for all of us. But yes, more folks is better. I've talked it up here in NorCal, but no one wants to make the drive.
Andrew

·
Registered
831 Posts
We drove our Datsun 240z finally. Got the brakes sorted out (finally) and the new electrical system working. Shaved 130 pounds off the interior. Have new tires on order. Looks like we will make this October event as late entry's at the track. :)
I am looking forward to a great weekend of racing! (time-trialing in my case) :cool:

·
Registered
26 Posts
This event is our own event. However, we have invited the Touring Car Racing Association (TCRA) to run with us. Our run groups, schedule, etc.
TCRA have around 10 entries so far, should have more(I hope).
Many of our members are gearing up for the Chump and Lemons race in Oct.
If any one need transponder rentals, TCRA will have some. But please let us know how many would like to rent.
Cost is $25 per day or $40 per weekend, Credit card needed for deposit purpose.
Thanks/TCRA

·
Registered
913 Posts
I'll be there this weekend to race my BMW as usual but this time I got a bonus. There's a PCA DE (you don't need a Porsche and you don't need to be a member) at the Streets on Monday so I'm doing that as well. That's 3 track days and only 1 round trip to Willow!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts