Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have put a 1750 engine in my 67 Duetto (temporally lol). Runs great. There were some bugs that had to be worked out to make it work - new water pump and radiator hoses and custom exhaust come to mind. So heater hoses out/in don't line up with the holes in the body, and for those that know , it dosent look original. I have been thinking about the possibility of putting the original intake manifold on on the 1750. Will this work , with out down grading performance ?. Both engines are Euro spec with Webber carbs.
Thanks !

·
Registered
84 Posts
Should work. Earlier (old style) 1600 heads had larger inner diameter intake ports than the later ones and I suppose the intake manifold inner diameter was always matching.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
If your 1600 manifold head side ports are the same or smaller than th 1750 head ports is should run ok if not the best. If bigger then maybe not. If you chose to match by making bigger the 1600 manifold ports then you compromise the 1600 manifold for future use on a 1600.

Ken

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If your 1600 manifold head side ports are the same or smaller than th 1750 head ports is should run ok if not the best. If bigger then maybe not. If you chose to match by making bigger the 1600 manifold ports then you compromise the 1600 manifold for future use on a 1600.

Ken
Well I haven't measured anything , Guess I'm looking for a - that won't work- with some kind of explanation .I'm sure it will work. Pretty happy with the performance -Now-, but I don't have a heater- yet .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts