Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all and thanks for your time.
I have a 91 spider and want to put the "phone dial" style wheels on it and I kow somebody that is selling these type of wheels off an 80 something Veloce and I want to kow if theywill fit on my 1991 non-veloce spider?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

T

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,200 Posts
Yes, the Veloce 15" phonedials will fit a non-veloce '91. I did the same thing to mine.

They're rather heavy wheels, however, so with that combined with the shorter sidewalls you'll definitely notice a degradation in ride quality. They do look nice, though, and it's good not to have to deal with the crappy plastic hubcaps.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info, what tires can you run on these?

Greetings and thanks for the info.
What size tire do you use on your wheels? Do you know how low or wide you can go? Do you think the tire rack would know what tires can go on this rim on a 91 Alfa?
Sorry for all the questions, I just need to make a decsion quick and im kind of on the fence because of the weight, (22 lbs) per wheel, Dam....

Thanks,
Terry

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Terry,

I have 205/55 tires on phonedial rims on my '91 Veloce. No rubbing. As to how much is too big; Alfaloco, here in Lexington, has 225's on his wife's S4 SE and the tire sidewalls rub in the rear wheel wells. If you consider wider tires, use one of the tire dimension calculators on the web to check overall diameter so you don't create a big speedometer error. A 205/55 is almost the same diameter as a 195/60.

One item regarding the phonedial wheels; if you lay one on the ground with the outside of the wheel down, the little plastic center cap contacts the ground first and will probably fracture.

Greetings and thanks for the info.
What size tire do you use on your wheels? Do you know how low or wide you can go? Do you think the tire rack would know what tires can go on this rim on a 91 Alfa?
Sorry for all the questions, I just need to make a decsion quick and im kind of on the fence because of the weight, (22 lbs) per wheel, Dam....

Thanks,
Terry

·
Alfa-Less
506 Posts
I have Bridgestone Potenza G009 205-55 on my 15" Phonedial rims.

Picked them up from Tirerack Bridgestone Potenza G 009 ($93.00 each).

I use them on my 1998 A4 Avant and will put them on the A6 when the Pirelli's are done next spring.

FWIW,
Rob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts