Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wife loves my alfa and enjoys riding with the top down. But sometimes she has a hair crisis...like if we are going someplace nice and she doesnt want her hair to get wind blown on the way there.

What does your wife/girlfriend/female companion/mother do when you go topless and she doesnt want her hair wind blown?

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
So my wife loves my alfa and enjoys riding with the top down. But sometimes she has a hair crisis...like if we are going someplace nice and she doesnt want her hair to get wind blown on the way there.

What does your wife/girlfriend/female companion/mother do when you go topless and she doesnt want her hair wind blown?
My girl keeps one of those "hair scrunchy" (spelling?) things in the glove box, ties her hair back and we're on our way...:cool:
I believe all women should be required to drive topless-oh, no, you meant the top of the car didn't you???:p

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
You know, ever since I have been dating my current girlfriend this hasn't been a problem since she has short hair. However, previous girlfriends either did the scrunchy or baseball cap...

You could always suggest a new hairstyle....

·
Registered
612 Posts
we are taking the volvo... :(

·
Registered
366 Posts

See Tifosi's recommendation regarding complaints about the Alfa headrests:
http://alfabb.com/bb/forums/showpost.php?p=414996&postcount=6

·
Premium Member
2,811 Posts
Sometimes one must sacrifice comfort for style.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Nice

Focus on the hair please.
What hair?:D

Seriously -
I'd NEVER opt for the Volvo (I'd have to borrow my son's), and instead would go for the silk scarf, or (likely soon to happen) construct one of those neat "BMW-type" screens advocated by msiert.
While IAPs screens are effective, I'm sure, they seem pretty expensive compared to a couple of the ingenious home-made ones I've seen. Piece of plexi, little copper tubing (is that metal, almost metal, semi-metal, or non-metal?). In the end, viola - Stylin' in your Alfa, with your/her hair in place.

:)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Stop by any fast food outlet and ask if you can have one of their hair net/covers, you know the one, its white and kind of fluffy looking.....it ought to do the trick. Just an idle thought.

·
Registered
4,639 Posts
Here is what my wife says she does and she is a hair stylist. She says to have your GF if she has hair that is not straight and curly to use gel and do it so the curls are set and a little spray with a loose silk scarf around it. If her hair is straight, then pull it back in a pony tail with a loose scarf over the top of it to keep the hair from flying around. She has tried the baseball cap, visor and scarf. The hat you get "hat head" and the visor you get your hair blown around and with the scarf you can keep it nice and loose, so just a quick touch up is all that is needed. :)

·
Registered
327 Posts
What do all the babes on the backs of Harleys do??

They have to wear helmets here in Ga.
Seriously, I bought an IAP type mesh screen from a seller on ebay.uk and it REALLY makes a difference. Think my total cost was around $150. Easy to install, MUCH better looking than the plexiglass diy version I had earlier AND it keeps my better half happy (when she's in the Alfa;))
Phil C

1 - 20 of 29 Posts