Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gotta a question, I was cruising Porter Valley the other night in my Corvette Z06, I decided to try some 0-60 accelerations, so I stopped, revved it up to about 2200 rpm, and dropped the clutch, what happens next confused me. The car didn't bog, or spin the tires badly, but I got some really violent vibrations from the rear end, along with what looked like on the tach as burning rubber. I didn't understand the vibrations so I did this multiple times, same result each time.

Any ideas, I know it isn't an Alfa Romeo, but I figure a different perspective is worth knowing

Thanks
Richard

·
Supporting Vendor
4,366 Posts
Sounds to me like a simple case of "Axle Hop". It can happen with sticky tires on some suspensions. I wouldn't have thought that the Z06 was prone to it. Maybe the asphalt you were on was particularly grippy at the time.

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
take those **** 12" subs out from under the seat and lower the radio volume or it could just be typical for an american car. after driving around in your race car all weekend, that little thing the Z06 is doing shouldn't really bother you.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay here is the lowdown. The tire pressure is the recommended 34 psi all the way around. Also the shuddering is an up and down movement on the rear of the car. Maybe a diff, or a suspension problem. I don't think its transmission or clutch because I don't feel it through the shifter or the clutch. Also, I wouldn't think it was that sticky because its the stock GoodYear tires on the street.

Richard

1 - 7 of 7 Posts