Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Alfisti,

I have had a few old Italians during My adult life, and I now think it is time, to start showing the keepers.

First of is my youngest AR, which is my non-originale widebodied GTV6 from 1983.

The car was delivered to its first owner here in Denmark, after he had specifically asked for a look similar to the widebody Alfa Romeo Sprint 6C: http://onlycarspictures.com/uploads...fasud-sprint/alfa-romeo-alfasud-sprint-10.jpg ... So the car was build back in 1983 exactly as it still looks today!

It has then been fitted with a modified 3,0 V6 Busso, complete custom/Simons exhaust with to exits in the back, and has the sound of a mini-Ferrari ;-)

I bought it to become my tracktool, and I have just bought a complete adjustable suspension from RSR Nurburg (Ron Simon) and some bigger brakes, Powerflex and so on, that will be fitted during the winter, so that it can be ready to make the tracks unsecure next spring ;-)

I will post new pictures, as the work will progress.

I know it is "non-originale", but I hope, that you will welcome it anyway :)

... And my twins (Lotus&Lewis) loves it just as much as the father does ;-)

Reactions: Savali 3.1

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Wow, very nice. Many of us here like "non-originale"!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hey ZaXxon and NMMilano,

Thanks for your kind words on "La Bestia Rossa" ;-)

I also like the original cars, but I dont think it has to be either the one og the other... In my garage there is room for both "originale" and "non-originale".

Right now i'm trying to finish my garage-build, so that I can enjoy the winter on the garage floor, while I fit the lovely bits from RSR - OH HAPPY DAYS :)

I will post pictures of the process in here, so that you can either say "nice" or simply shake your head ;-)

I leave you with a foto from a previous AROC-meet in Denmark... The non-originale and the originale, side by side, @ss out!

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
You really lucked-out finding that car! The bodywork is most tasteful.

Reminds me of the 80's Porsche 944 or the Mitsubishi Starion ESI-R of which i owned one of the latter. In Black like this one.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Coupé Hood

But these cars had huge 4-cylinder engine's with long stroke, so they sound more or less like a delivery truck. LOTS of torque, but you'd rather listen to the radio.

Too bad everyone likes to turn these into track cars. Probably smarter as trying to redo the interior and electrics to make it a beautiful (and functional) turn-key grand tourer with comfort and amenities is more of a challenge if you ask me.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I see you have gtv6 rear tail lights on the alfetta. I actually have alfetta tailights on the gtv6. I like the old look.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
You really lucked-out finding that car! The bodywork is most tasteful.

Reminds me of the 80's Porsche 944 or the Mitsubishi Starion ESI-R of which i owned one of the latter. In Black like this one.
View attachment 364890
I was going to make the same comparison.
I think the wide body variants of both the Alfetta GTV and the Starion are much more muscular and authoritive looking than their original inceptions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts