Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am working on a freinds car, a 67 gt jr.very nice, not a spot of rust,, his dad's car from italy( even has an sickers on the body for italian lic) but the brakes are stock...really stock.. he could not stop his car well and the rears were draging so much, when i found him on side of the road.his rears where so hot,i could not tuch them for a while, after i cooled them down i leverd the pads/pistons back in there bores so he could drive his car home, only 2 more blocks..he asked my if i could help him with his car..i did.. took off all the calipers..all where in a vars. state of being frozen to the caliper bores...i took them to work to try to get the pistons out,, took a while..but i got them out...lots of crud, but no rusts.. i have now cleaned them out realy well and a nice coat of black paint on them..but in the res. the brake fluid( if you could call it that) was rather odd,, sort of thin, sort of thick..yuck...i told him the brake fuild shoud be changed at least once a year,, easy to do and cheap..as his car is worth a lot of money( he had no idea, dad's car, father bought it in italy in 1968 new,, so sweet).. all donne now the car stops and goe's now...so the moral of the story.. brake fluid is cheap.. your classic gt jr. is not change your fuild once a year.. keeps the brakes in top shape...nice and clean..

1 - 1 of 1 Posts