Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alfa romeo OWNERS still try to sell their own cars as "Alpha" or Romero.....

I think that Mr.s "Alfa" and "Romeo" are turning in their collective graves right now...

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
There was a Mr. Romeo (Nicola?) but not a Mr. Alfa!
ALFA is an acronym - "Anonima Lombarda Fabricca Automobili" (something like that)

Not to be confused with Fabricca Italiana Automobili Torino which now owns ALFA

·
Registered
484 Posts
Does anyone know the SAAB acronym? Surely my good buddy Jorgen must. By the way, on my Avis discount coupon, which came with my national membership, one of the coupons says Alfa Romero. Gotta love it.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
This has cracked me up for some time. Every once in a while, I'll search eBay for mispelled listings. You might find a deal that won't be seen by many people.

Right now eBay has the following:

Alfa Romero = eight listings including one for a 164.
Alpha Romeo = twelve listings, one for a '73 GTV and one for a '90 Spider.
Alpha Romero = one listing for a tail light.

·
Registered
366 Posts

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
What's even more peculiar is when the listing title spells "Alfa Romeo" correctly, but the description contents do not! Note that it is common on the ebay ads.

Best regards,

·
Premium Member
1972 Montreal. 2019 Giulia ti Sport
1,542 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
:)

Later it was Saab AB which is kind of strange as it would mean "Svenska Aeroplan AktieBolaget AktieBolaget", Guess it's easier now that it's "GME". ;)

·
Registered
414 Posts
My all-time favorite was a craigslist posting for an "alfa romao." Made in China? Must be red...

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
also gotta love spyder, volace, quadrofaglia, and on,and on, and on...:)

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I don't mind Spyder so much since other marques use it (namely Ferrari) and I did hear Alfa Rodeo the other day. I guy at a light asked who makes my car and I said Alfa Romeo. He heard and repeted eroneuosly "Alfa Rodeo", which I corrected.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I get annoyed with this one too.

In my university classes when typing notes i actually spell 'alpha' as alfa now..which seems to throw others off. Revenge? :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts