Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, AlfaBBers. I thought it might be nice to resurrect this little beauty I created several years ago. Life may be full of changes – both good and bad – but it’s kind of nice to realize that the BB is pretty much the same old loveable forum it has always been.

HOW MANY FORUM MEMBERS DOES IT TAKE TO CHANGE A TIRE?

1 to install the tire and post that the tire has been installed.

14 to share similar experiences of installing tires and how the tires could have been installed differently.

7 to caution about the dangers of installing tires.

1 to demand the thread be moved to the Suspension section.

36 to debate which method of changing tires is superior, where to buy the best tires, which brand of tires work best, and which brands are faulty.

8 to respond in anger that tire suppliers have been rotten to them, so they should be flamed, and now’s just as good a time as any.

4 to caution against being unkind to suppliers, because they’re people too.

5 suppliers to answer with long descriptions of why it wasn’t their fault, blaming the purchaser, the Post Office, their employees, or their dog.

1 forum host to plead for an end to the negativity.

7 to post messages of agreement, most with additional shots at suppliers or those complaining about suppliers.

9 to add URL's where one can see examples of different tires.

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly

1 to post the corrected URL's.

7 to point out spelling and/or grammatical errors in posts about tires.

5 to flame the spell checkers.

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames.

6 to argue over whether it's "spellcheck" or "spell check," then another …

6 to condemn those 6 as stupid.

5 industry professionals to inform the group about the “proper” way to change a tire, each defining in detail an entirely different method.

15 guys to argue that they’ve always done it their way and nothing has fallen off yet …
well maybe in a high-speed turn, but that doesn’t really count because of the extra stresses on turns.

19 to post that this forum is not about tires per se, then ask that this discussion be moved to a tire forum.

11 to defend posting about tires, writing that we all need tires and therefore the posts about tires are relevant anywhere in this forum, except in the Pictures of Italian Women thread … unless, of course, the women are posing in, on or around tires, or next to guys with spare tires.

13 to link all tire posts to date, quoting them in their entirety (including all headers and signatures), and adding: "Me to."

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the tire controversy.

4 to post: "Didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to post: "Do a Google search on tires before posting questions about tires."

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 years from now and start it all over again. (That would be me, but then I’m the original author, so it’s not quite so offensive.)

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
Why I Love the Alfabb

Gary,

You forgot how ever many it takes to check and make sure that all posts are within copyright guidelines and properly cited within the text to avoid copyright and plagiarism litigation.

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
Love it! Made me laugh out loud today!

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
And yet with all its warts and flaws . . . . . where else can one find so much information, advice, and help no farther than your keyboard?

·
Registered
731 Posts
I'd be lost without my nightly escape into the surreal world of the alfabb especially a certain post in the engine building section :whistling:
P.S. I know everybody likes pics so here is a few.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I understand that the topic has been pretty well covered, but I think that it's important to rotate the tires when you are fixing a flat because if you have another flat, you don't want it to be on the same tire, and besides, while you're in there you may as well go ahead and do it.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I understand that the topic has been pretty well covered, but I think that it's important to rotate the tires when you are fixing a flat because if you have another flat, you don't want it to be on the same tire, and besides, while you're in there you may as well go ahead and do it.
Thanks for a good one. I'll add it to the list so it will be there for all the world to see when this thread is resurrected in a few months/years.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts