Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I placed a post asking for help finding a gearbox rebuilder yesterday. It got lots of really good replies.
Then just now it got deleted because it was not in the classified section!!!!
Why do that?
Why not move it if its so important?
I'm a mod on big knife forum and we would never do that!
Now all the good info and contacts are gone.
:mad:
I'm only posting it here as I cannot find a way to contact mods or admin.

·
Push hard and live
11,034 Posts
While I disagree with the recent dictum regarding wanted/for sale items, I certainly don't understand why a thread seeking input on service providers would be restricted to the Classifieds. That strikes me as likely to be quite technically oriented.

·
Registered
955 Posts
call larry Jr at Alfa Parts Exchange, Tracy, CA. Google it for the info.

Reactions: Alfasevin

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don’t know the reasoning or the specific rule, but regardless, why delete it. I get this happen regularly on my forum and I would never be so mean. I would just move it and send the op a note. Even worse given its my first thread.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. But I have good news as my amazing Alfa buddy came to look and figures its a slave cylinder issue. He is convinced the box is good. Oh blessed relief🤙 So I just bought the car. Now I’m a very happy Spider owner😁🍾❤
This is only my second Alfa so I am very excited to reacquaint myself with this great marque

·
--ADMINISTRATOR--chiuso per ferie
13,370 Posts
I deleted your post as it appeared to be an ad. As I recall, it was titled something like "wanted rebuilt transmission".

There have been a large number of ads placed in the various model forums. This clutters up the forums with ads instead of content. I decided posting ads outside the classified would no longer be permitted.

It is my mistake that the posts we made in the model forums regarding the placement of ads were not posted in the technical forums.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.