Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WARNING : THIS IS A DUMB THREAD.

OK, so I am leafing through my '90 Spider brochure this evening, anxiously waiting for the weekend when I get my Quad, and I notice that the two models in the brochure (you know, the two people paid to DEMONSTRATE HOW MUCH FUN THE CAR IS) are NOT smiling.

Why aren't they having a BLAST? Isn't this supposed to make the Alfa ownership experience appear to be as good as life gets?

It looks to me like they are each individually thinking of something - or someone - else. The feeling I get as a prospective buyer isnt that "Alfas are fun"...I get the "bet that marriage didn't last" feeling...

I think maybe they are driving home from counseling, thinking about what the therapist had just told them....

"Well, after three months of counseling you as a couple, I have to say that maybe it is, in fact, time to consider spending some time apart. (puffs on pipe)...If neither of you are going to even make an effort to reconcile, then all I can say is LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT...."

I MEAN, COULD HE LEAN ANY FURTHER AWAY FROM HER?
:p

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
actually, upon closer examination, maybe times were so tough at this point that the factory slashed the North American marketing budget to the point where they just stuck two cardboard-cutouts in the car...

·
Registered
372 Posts
Sheesh.

Maybe they were supposed to exude serenity. As in, "**** right we've arrived. Note our classy Quad."

Note that the car does not appear to be moving. Actually they look rather placid for people whose Spider has inexplicably come to a halt in the middle of the woods.

Ooh...caption contest!

"As the fuel pump breathed its last halfway through the state park, Ken and Sharon both simultaneously came to the conclusion that somebody in the car was not getting lucky that night."

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
".....and their hair was perfect." Apparently, they are trying to keep it that way. The woman looks like she is leaning forward to keep her 'do safely protected by the windshield.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I think she is thinking, "I'm pregnant and you go out and buy this god-forsaken thing?!? What are you, five?"

or perhaps she is thinking, "How can I ditch this stiff, and keep the car in the divorce settlement?"

·
Registered
460 Posts
serenity now

no, No , NO - these people are obviously stopped (no wind in their hair, wheels not moving) they are letting some people crissing the street, when they realized that One of them - the ladies husband.

tonyG
surreal moments are free.

·
Registered
281 Posts
If you look closely, the top of the bumper is matched to the red body color... Was this a 90's or a quad thing? I thought they were all silver?

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
They Are Thinking:

"I remember when Alfa's didn't have all the pollution equipment. I wish they had put a V6 in this car".......................

·
Registered
487 Posts
The guy is wondering why he doesn't get any lovin' even though he's got this fly car, and the girl just can't get busy with a guy with a mullet.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
He is thinking:

"God that fart stunk.....I really got to go bad........I hope she doesn't smell it......good thing I have the top down!"

She is thinking:

"What the hell is that robust aroma?"

Best Regards,
John M

·
Registered
271 Posts
You all are wrong and making this more difficult than it should be:

He's driving, she's not, she just let him know it and they're both pissed.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm with BigSwede, they're dreaming about GTV's.
Meatpile what is a fly car? Maybe we need some Amercian, to rest of the world translation?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Remember, it was cool in the eighties to look bored and disaffected. You could identify the people who were really cool by their snear !!!! Remember Billy Idol ?? How about "I wear my sunglasses at night." :cool:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts