Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone
know why these 3 brackets are different and what model goes with what bracket?

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looks like the right may have been like the left but modified. The small center one is definitely different.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Where it mounts to the gearbox appears to be the same. So where it mounts to the exhaust pipe is the difference. There always seems to be discussions about how the exhaust on hanging pedal cars and floor pedal cars are different due to clearance, so they could very well be different all the way back to this mounting point, which is only a few inches to a foot downstream, if I picture it in my mind correctly.

I have a hanging pedal car, 74 GTV, and mine has that swooping curve.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
This part does not mount to the gear box. It mount via 2 Silent blocs to the bracket that does bolt to the trans.

The one there that is a cut off is a version of the other same shape and both for floor pedals. The short one is likely for a hanging pedal car. edit: I made a correction changing hanging to floor and visa versa

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Ross the hanging pedal cars and the floor pedal cars have different brackets. I don't have time now but later to check the parts book. The standing pedal ones are longer and I mistakenly suggested Brads were hanging but you are right they are for floor pedal. edited

More later

Ken

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Lesson one: don't answer on the BB early morning while still lying in bed away from your files and part books.

So contrary to what I said before and edited, the standing pedal bracket is longer. the one shown has some extra holes on left end. so brad has 2 sanding (one cut off) and one hanging. sorry for any confusion I may have caused in these trying times.

stay well

Ken

DSCN8298.JPG
DSCN8299.JPG

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
The 1969/1970 GTV/Spider/Berlina Euro parts manual (US model is the same) ....does call for a different bracket for the floor and standing pedal cars (you're right Ken) and makes total sense as you pointed out.....to make room for the M/C.

bracket.JPG bracket 2.JPG

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, Ken and Ross. I want to sell the floor pedal bracket now that I know what's what!

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
You had me worried there for a awhile... I knew my 73 has the straight bottom bracket but didn’t want to second guess anyone without being sure. All‘s good in the Alfa world again.? Let’s hope the rest of the world comes around soon too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts