Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
Last night in Adelaide, the minimum was 30.4 deg c.. Should be fine on Sunday for a blast through the hills in the Junior.
Are you trying to get us jealous?:)

Admittedly, my 164 is a daily driver even in the winter. I hope to take the Dino out sometime this weekend. I have to move the snowblower first--awaiting the first significant flakes with full tank.

Attachments

·
Senior TEXAS member
1,526 Posts
Everyday, whatever may come.
(It's going to be sunny and 78 today. Rainy and 55 yesterday. I just get in, turn the key, press the starter button, let it warm-up, and drive.) ;)

·
Registered
352 Posts
I took out the Spider on Dec 27th, top up. I might have to take her out this weekend and put the top down. It's forecast to be around 60 deg (F) this weekend.:cool:

Spannerman: What's 30.4 degrees in American?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I took out the Spider on Dec 27th, top up. I might have to take her out this weekend and put the top down. It's forecast to be around 60 deg (F) this weekend.:cool:

Spannerman: What's 30.4 degrees in American?
30.4 degrees in Celsius = to 86.72 in Fahrenheit

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
50 degrees today, we haven't seen hardly a snow flake this Winter. Dropped the top and took the Spider out today. I've burned the tank of gas that had the gas stabilizer in it, not sure that I'll put any more in!
WooHoo!
I still haven't gotten around to putting the Stabil in. Would have taken the Spider out today if it wasn't raining. Tomorrow is supposed to be mid-60s here, but again, raining. If it clears up, I don't think I can resist being able to drive top-down in January. Creepy, though.

·
Registered
339 Posts
yea... with the 60s forecast for tomorrow if there's no rain then you can bet I'll be out again, on the CT roads in fairfield county if anyone wants to run into me.

p.s. I saw a gray 164 in New Canaan today around 5 on the road behind Waveny park....anyone?

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
AONE, that is. Join us this Sunday (the 7th) on our January Thaw Tour starting in Newburyport, MA, up along the NH coastline, ending at a nice spot for lunch. Details at www.velocissima.com/events.htm.

Dave
Will be a nice day tomorrow. We'll be there with the 164, studded tires and all.:cool:

·
Premium Member
6,243 Posts
Drove my new-to-me Spider today. Brakes overhauled, and the Provincial inspection is done, so now it's licensed and insured.

The afternoon was sunny so I drove it through the twisties out at the University. It's been decades since I've driven a Spider--v. nice.:D

·
Registered
282 Posts
Last drove mine on 12/31, but that's certainly not due to snow or salt on the roads. Might drive it to work tomorrow; there's a chance I'll be coming home in the daylight, so that would sure be worth it.

-Rob

·
Registered
393 Posts
Started commuting in the brown GTV6, since the Milano is in getting her Xmas present - new brakes. I'm glad we don't get snow or salt here, but it does rain a bit this time of year. Had to blow some air through the sunroof drains in the GTV6 just in case. Also put a coat of Rain-X on the windshield, saves the wiper motors in the long run I guess. :)

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! :) Actually we've had so much rain the past few days I felt pretty sure that all of the salt they had put down for the dusting we got a little while back was gone so I commuted in the Verde today, much better!

Kevin

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
No salt yet

Yikes!

They still haven't had to salt the roads in my part of Connecticut, but I'm going to bite the bullet and get my car up on jack stands. Planned projects include:

- lower A arm bushings
- transmission mount bushing?
- new brake pads (maybe rotors also)
- dash repair
- tach repair
- new (softer) door seals/improve door alignment
- find my pesky oil leak (3-4 drops per day on garage floor)

Any advice on the above from those with first-hand experience would be appreciated.

Michael.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yikes!

They still haven't had to salt the roads in my part of Connecticut, but I'm going to bite the bullet and get my car up on jack stands. Planned projects include:

- lower A arm bushings
- transmission mount bushing?
- new brake pads (maybe rotors also)
- dash repair
- tach repair
- new (softer) door seals/improve door alignment
- find my pesky oil leak (3-4 drops per day on garage floor)

Any advice on the above from those with first-hand experience would be appreciated.

Michael.

I've used a dye that shows up when shone with a black light with great results. I was able to pinpoint exactly where the oil leak was. I think NAPA auto parts carries the dye. The light bulb i picked up at Home Depot (I think). Good luck.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts