Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I'd ordered one from ClassicAlfa, but I'm wondering if anyone knows of another supplier that might be closer. I've got a leak in the one I have and my mechanic is concerned that the tank may turn to swiss cheese after we dip it given its current issues. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks. Jim

·
Registered
490 Posts
I know that some will think my response here is a little "snarky" but quite a few of these kinds of questions can easily answered by doing a "Google" on the appreciate words . That is how I would get the answer to this question.
And when I answer a question like this I include the fact that I used "Google".

I know, I know, I got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning...:confused:

NB: My grandmother once told me that "You should learn something every day".

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm not sure you can buy the exact tank for a 69 Spider off the shelf, if you have a US spec car. The 69 takes a tank similar to the 66 and 67 Spider, but I believe it has a fuel return entrance for the Spica system. If the car has been converted to webers it probably doesn't matter and I believe that an earlier roundtail tank can be modified.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
I don't claim to be expert on this, but I agree, if the car is still running SPICA, then you will need a "bottom feeder" tank. (Fuel supply to the pump is from the bottom of the tank, fuel return goes to the top.) It looks like Classic Alfa and Centerline both sell tanks for later SPICA Spiders, without the long filler neck. Centerline says it can be used for a 69, but "some modification may be required."

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I probably should have been more specific. I've got a Spica 69 Roundtail Spider. I assume its a US spec car, but how do I know for sure? I have used google and I've even spoken to some suppliers, and have found tanks that need modification. I was wondering if anyone made one that didn't need modification? Thanks. Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts