Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is the one thing i cannot figure out.. it blinks at various speeds, somwhat based on the cars speed, but not to any specific ratio, at least i cannot figure one out..
first i thought it was a back up spedo, then i thought it could be some kind of shift indicator, but no..
any help would be appreciated
mike

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
Is it a "speed minder"?

A.k.a - a type of speed warning device. IIRC some 60's era American cars had an adjustable one where it would chime if you exceeded what speed you set it at.

On my car, the 50 kmh idicator is a different color to remind you what speed should be followed in a congested city environment, but happily no chime.

·
Super Moderator
12,191 Posts
Ohhh! It's BIG too!
What is it attached too? Wired or mechanical? How about this idea. An electrical vacuum gauge to show efficiency at various speeds (when so set) by indicating with a blinking light. It would need a sending unit (mechanical) somewhere in the intake manifold track.
Interesting!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have to agree with papaG on the assumption of some kind of speed minder... the only thing that makes me think otherwise is that it doesn't blink when you are at that speed, but maybe 10-20mphs before it.. and with that kind of variance i cannot believe that would have been accurately usefull for that pourpose... so still a mystery, because tearing it all apart is something i think i'll wait on until i know this thing cannot be named..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts