Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just seeing how many are out there on the BB.

The only one that I know of in existence are Stuart Light's in NY, and another one very close to home...

Borrowing a photo of Stuart's, hope he doesn't mind!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Wow, what a fantastic colour :cool:

I don't know of any others; the two blue GTV6s on the register are different shades to this.

Would your friend be willing to enter his car's details onto an online, spreadsheet-based Global GTV6 Register? It can be viewed by clicking here:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ao89ux0FZjFUdEw0MmZoRnFMSi1jRERUN2hSaWNJSFE&hl=en#gid=0

The register exists only as a means to establish how many transaxle GTV6s are still in existence around the world. We currently have 141 listed :)

A '6 can be entered anonymously, though it would help your friend to find their car on the list if there is some form of unique identification.

If your friend is willing, they need only add their details at the bottom of the list, which is regularly arranged into VIN / chassis number order (to make vehicle duplications easier to identify).

The more, the merrier :D

·
Registered
110 Posts
Posillipo Blue was the only blue offered for the GTV6. Other color blues must have been repaints.

Indeed! One is a Callaway Twin Turbo in a deep bluey-purple, the other was sprayed a Porsche colour.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,430 Posts
Is this the one "close to home"?

[It is an exceptionally pretty color. I wish there were more GTV/6s painted this shade.]

Attachments

Reactions: Omega86

·
Premium Member
16,443 Posts
That was one thing my wife really complained about, was that Alfa in the US offered very few numbers of many colors compared to what was available overseas. she was very tired of red, black, or silver. More cars painted blue would have been nice.

·
Registered
4,792 Posts
Also called Midnight Blue...Posollipo sounds more sexy.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice colour!!
I agree..... too much red Alfas.

Also, I love GTV6 in white.... that colour fits nicely too.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is this the one "close to home"?

[It is an exceptionally pretty color. I wish there were more GTV/6s painted this shade.]
Joe,
How did you know? ;)

I agree - it is a very pretty color. In some lighting conditions it looks almost black. Pictured, early morning, with the infamous ex-Carrera Panamericana "Taco Racer" Giulia TI, and among other GTV-6s at Grattan. Fall 2009.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,443 Posts
Did have a 78 Alfetta GT painted that metallic maroon (is that chestnut brown?). Was a pretty car. Our fav 78 Alfetta sedan was painted the metallic beige, with subtle gold pinstripe. Also looked nice. Otherwise, the GTV6's, Milano, and 164's I had seen and owned were/are always red, silver, or black. Would have bought a blue 164 if I could have found a decent one with a manual tranny. A blue S would have really been better.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
I had an '86. From what I gather there were only something like 36 of them made. (in blue) Mine had an oe third brake light too.

Paul

·
Registered
411 Posts
There is an Alfetta Gt at Pick A Part that is that shade of blue (not matalic) Original paint and no rust. It really gets to me seeing a nice Alfa junked

·
Supporting Vendor
4,430 Posts
Randy,

Did you get that car from Colin way back? ... I seem to remember he had a pretty blue one with nice wheels for sale in the mid-90s.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts