Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car appears very nice and clean with an appropriate $13,000 asking price or make offer. It is cleaner than most 164's with a few missing details but the very limited description is concerning. The listing shows 85,000 miles but the odometer clearly indicates 135,000 miles. There is a very small amount of wear on the drivers leather seat bolster. I would suggest seat wear 'could' actually be commensurate with the lower mileage stated. The thin plastic cowl cover between the false firewall and the firewall is missing. The seller feedback seems to be (0) so go check this car out in person if you are interested. When was the timing belt last changed; do the air conditioner and electronic suspension work?

Mark

·
Premium Member
26,901 Posts
I believe it is this same car that did not sell at Mecum auction in Jan. I checked on this one back in Dec and found out it is a Canadian 164S. The ePer data base confirms this VIN/chassis listed 06210433 is a CDN model.
If you look a auction pictures your can see the metric speedometer.
Looks like it was built 12-90 as it is a lower VIN than mine I just sold that was built 1-91.
One of my Alfisti buds from Daytona Beach who was with me at Amelia Island this past weekend went to Kissimmee auction to see car and was not impressed with its condition.
It was built as a CDN model 164.933.0(0) with AR64301**0002058 engine.

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's some good information about this car. I guess it falls under the 25 year law for importation into the US. I seem to recall seeing a picture of the under body that appeared to be freshly cleaned and or painted. For a 29 year old car it looks pretty good -IF the road salt hasn't gotten to it.

Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts