Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't had time to look at my wire diagram yet. So thought I would ask. On my 87 Graduate there is a single square push switch with 2 white wires attached. Not sure where they go, other than one goes into the dash area by the radio. Any Ideas?

I also have another connector with 5-8 ( maybe more) wires that would go to another square push switch. Seems to be a spare, wired for ,Windows?, door locks?, hood release? stealth mode? All the stuff I don't have. (Am I right or am I wrong)
Thanks for any help

·
Registered
8,125 Posts
I imagine you mean one the 3 big blocks, here?
switch connectors S3 and S4 console.jpg

a white one (4 buttons for l/r up/down power windows)
a red one (2 button hazard lights + blank, or 4 button hazard lights + rear screen demister, if hardtop fitted)
a yellow one...the photo above, btw, shows an odd cream color, mine is bright yellow! (2 button rear fog lights, if fitted + blank, or 4 blanks)

the switches have a painted dot on the reverse that corresponds to the colored block, so you can't mix them up.

can't think of one of those with just 2 white wires, though.

the one with the 8 or so wires sounds like the electric windows (white block), which your car doesn't have. So this would just be a blank switch, like this:
blank switch.jpg

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys those are the blocks I was referring to. I did find the white wire, forgot I cut it off when I puller the carpet. It went to the trunk area with a female plug connecter on the end. But nothing around to plug it to. The switch like these here that has the two white wires attached is just one button. Push to turn on, push to turn off. Nothing in the trunk to attach to so its getting left unconnected.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts