Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IRONBLOCK turned me on to White Post Restorations to have the clutch m/c rebuilt in my Montreal.

They did an amazing job. First of all the unstuck the piston and then cleaned the m/c thoroughly. The put in a brass sleeve so the m/c piston will be very unlikely to be stuck again in the future.

They shrunk-wrapped it in plastic and sent back to me. total change including freight back to me was $245.00, in a two week time frame, including holidays!

They can be found at White Post Restorations

They do a variety of brake cylinder, caliper, etc. rebuilds and it comes with a limited lifetime warranty!

JP

Attachments

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
JP, I am glad you are happy with the work White Post did for you. The stock cast iron cylinders all tend to rust internally no matter how often you bleed the brake system; some are much worse than others! I suppose if you were to use the car daily (to keep the rust down) and change the brake fluid often there would be little or no problem. The beauty of the brass sleeves is that they will never rust, so your rubber seals will not get chewed up and ruined by the rust.

Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts