Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone knows if they make white bumper lenses (instead of the standard amber) for the 66-82 spider Kamn tail?
Thanks

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alex Csank said:
They make just about anything these days! But you mean the lenses for the '70-'72. The Roundtails ('66-'69) had a different type.

Try Hurtienne, Re-Originals or Highwood. You can find the links at www.alfacentro.com

Cheers,
Yes that's right the 70-84 is the model i am talking about. I tried those sites and they don't have them in White:( Oh well i guess i will keep trying to look for them.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Have I missed something JP? Do you own a Spider too? Or are you sourcing for a friend?

Model years '70 to '74 have different bumpers (lovely stainless) and running lamps/turn signals than '75 to '82 models.

In the attached photo the green Spider is a '74 and the silver Spider is an '81.

Attachments

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kai
I don't own a spider but might in the near future:D I am not perticularly into spiders but it's pretty warm in California and it looks like a great time to drive a convertible. BTW thanks for that pic of the 2 different spiders, now i know the difference between them. If i decide on getting a spider i will go for a 74 because i like the stainless and the signature grill in the front, and i also like the Kamn tail:)

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Plus you won't have to smog a '74! '70 to '74 Spiders are the second most sought after models. First being the boat-tail variants, Duetto & 1750 Spider.

I loved driving my Spider here in SoCal. But I did most of my top-down driving at night as I get sun burnt quite easily. Plus the roads are less crowded at night. But now I have a hard top and a more rigid chassis/body. I love my GTV!

(gonna put on my shoes and go kiss her right now)

·
Registered
532 Posts
white front lenses

I've got a NOS set of all-white lenses for the '71-'74 US Spider's, which also fit the Euro Spider's thru '82. There are actually three different types: all-orange, white/orange, and all-white. As far as I know, the all-white are gone, the last all-orange I saw were $200+/set, and everyone seems to have the white/orange. The different lenses were used to meet the requirements of different countries, and I believe the all-white were originally used in Switzerland, Germany and The Netherlands. Sorry, but mine aren't for sale, and eventually I'll use them on my '74 Spider.

Regards,

Dean

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alex
Thanks, I will call those guys when i have a chance

Dean
If you come across another set of ALL clear lenses can you let me know please?
Thanks

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hi John:

A few years ago I checked with all the parts vendors I know in Europe, and no white lenses were available. But, last Summer I saw this NOS set on eBay and grabbed them for ~$40, which was a steal. As you can see in the picture, the plastic is clear, but because of the texture on the inside of the lenses, they appear white.

Regards,

Dean

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts