• Carbon fiber Blue seats.

Votes: 8 25.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The black one is made for our Alfas, however, the blue one would match the carbon fiber panels and is about an inch shorter in overall height. Which would be better (OEM is not an option)? Also keep in mind, the car is going to be painted PPG 1969 Corvette Pontiac Lemans Metallic Blue with dual high gloss black sport stripes going down the hood and trunk (Just the way my 69 Camaro was painted-"Alfa Camaro").

Attachments

·
Registered
369 Posts
I think the black will age better(meaning in 3 years you wont look at it and wonder what you were thinking). Also if they are from centerline, you support a crucial Alfa vendor. Just make sure those seats are speed rated!!:D

·
Registered
8,982 Posts
...i have a set of seats like that..they make me sit way higher than stock...the stock alfa seats have a 'butt' pocket..you set in them not on them like tose sets you have here..gave mine to a co worker with an honda. works well in his car..i now have miata seats in my car..sit way lower..:)

·
Registered
460 Posts
I vote for the black ones. I'm not a big fan of the carbon fiber look. In any case please let us know how you make out. I while back I wanted to do something like this because I had problems with my back and the OEM offer no support.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Black hands down no question. I have a 89 Celica all-trac that has a blue fake looking leather interior, and I hate it. Those seats your thinking about would look right at home in there though. To me it looks cheap and kind of toy like. Been wanting to dye it all black because it looks like...well pretty much like the junky plastic interior of a late 80's Toyota. To me black just looks more classy or something.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Black has the advantage of going with everything, but blue pretty only much goes with Blue...and black. Black also has the advantage that in case somewhere down the road you get tired of the paint or the constant rattle of the carbon fiber door panels or something, you won't have to change the seats to match the new stuff.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Having seen the black seat in person when I was visiting Centerline, I would definitely go with the OMP seats. You may be able to get those hideous neon blue seats for way less (I am assuming that they are around 150USD for a pair, versus almost 800USD for a pair of the OMPs) but please, please don't put them in ANY Italian car!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
DD, it would seem some have a way of just pushing your buttons don't allow them to get to you! Either seat as you said are nice, base it upon your own oppinion and let them see the end result and decide from there. Also, I'd love to have your pimpmobile and I'm at least twice your age. Don't let them get to you!

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
The blue ones!
They would match the hubcaps better, then you could get a blue neon light kit for your spider and really make it sweeeet. Maybe some more stickers like the MSD ones on the front lower fender, yeah, those add at least 5 hp I think! :eek:

You and Mozart with the same IQ......but yet you continue to ask these type questions?? Mensa? HAHAHAHHAHAAAA

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I know how to install it....I just choose not to! I don't need it cuz my Spider is waaaay fast as it sits.......waaaaay fast dude...faster then yers and it looks better so there! :p

I'm soooo impressed with your intelligence, maybe you could use it to get a good job so you could afford the Mensa Membership. Maybe we could start a poll and see if the members of this BB would donate money and then you could be a Mensa member and leave this site!

"You have to be careful to not take all feedback seriously."
Deepak Desai | CEO | GlobalEnglish

·
Registered
422 Posts
Now the confusion sets in again...I start my new job on Wednesday.
That's great, every place needs the toilets cleaned and you seem to have the suit to do it, and seeing that you are already full of **it there won't be any loss.
I voted for the black seats by the way. Not that it matters but in my most humble opinion they would look better then the blue seats.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Good, I'm getting somewhere-why would they be better in your humble oppinion? I'm not trying to argue, sell your point of view to me! Saying it would "age" better or otherwise isn't valid, I've narrowed it down between the two after a more than a year worth of consideration-I like them both-sell them to me, why would they be better?
Okay. Let me dumb this down to your MENSA level. Like I just said:

THEY WOULD LOOK BETTER THEN THE BLUE SEATS

Read each word, then form a sentence.
I'm done with you, I'm sure you will have some snappy response as you seem to have the need for the last word. Pick whichever seats you like and enjoy your car as you are the only fool that has to be seen in it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
DD, come on now! Ignore them, they are just doing this to get a response from you, ignore them and they will go. You did a beautiful job on my transmission. Much of which I am grateful for! No leaks, no grinding, nice and stiff. You don't have to prove yourself to them, you've already proved yourself to the rest. I've noticed no long timer here has ever questioned your thoughts or your abilities, let the rest of them suffer and be ignorant. It really has become the point of 2 idiots pointing the finger at each other, becomes hard to tell them part-just ignore them!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Okay. Let me dumb this down to your MENSA level. Like I just said:

THEY WOULD LOOK BETTER THEN THE BLUE SEATS

Read each word, then form a sentence.
I'm done with you, I'm sure you will have some snappy response as you seem to have the need for the last word. Pick whichever seats you like and enjoy your car as you are the only fool that has to be seen in it.
Especially this kind of non-sense!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm out of here DD, I hope all goes well. I've seen the blood in the water and the sharks are attacking now and I've seen this before. It is of no use, it is not about what you know or like, it is about what everyone else thinks and I must say-choose what is best for you. If I have any other problems, I'll just call you before posting here or calling my local mechanic, you are smart, but dumb enough to keep this up for too long. As my youngest son likes to say, just keep it real.

·
Weaving a Spider's Web.
1,154 Posts
I like the black seats. Mostly because they will look better in a few years. I love blue but it seems to be overkill with the car being blue, too matchy, matchy. I hope you don't mind a woman's point of view :D

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
i leave the 75/gtv6 forums and come here to find spider owners flipping out over blue or black seats?

Yeah and spider21 and DD could be the same person.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts