Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

looking around to find the right aftermarket wheels (but i think that the GTA's will be the final choice), i'm seeing that, while the offer is about ET 23, ET 29, ET 33, i can't find a source to know what offset is "stock" for a Stepnose.

Anyone knows?

Thanks

·
Registered
148 Posts
Depends upon the year/model! The earlier cars with 15 inch wheels are usually ET29, the later cars (about 1968 onwards) with the 'higher' rear wheel arches and 14 inch wheels are usually ET23.

It's worth talking to the (potential) supplier to advise what brakes are on the car (Dunlop or ATE) and what wheel size you are after so that you can work out the best combination to suit your requirements.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
759 Posts
Properly-fitting offset will vary with the width of the wheel since offset is a measurement of the distance between the centerline of the wheel's total width and the location of the wheel's hub face (the surface that touches the hub).

An offset of zero mm (ET0) means the hub face falls on the centerline of the wheel. As the offset (ET) grows larger the wheel looks flatter (less concave) from the street; as offset grows smaller the wheel looks "deeper" (more concave) from the street.

For a particular wheel, as you change the offset you're moving the wheel in and out with respect to the hub face. There are limits to how far you can move the wheel before you run into clearance, performance or aesthetic issues.

Wheel Tech - Offset

Drive safely out there!

Chuck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts