Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to verify which brand glass belongs to my vehicle -1966 Giulia Sprint GT (ar10504)

I have a mixed set and some of them damaged so trying to establish what might have been factory fitted period correct.

Let me know whats in your car

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
It should be symmetrical (I believe!) but not necessarily all the same brand. My 1974 has all original glass except windshield, and has Sicursiv quarter windows and rear window and Temperbell for the 4 other side windows. I've owned 7 GTVs and they never had the same glass maker all around.

·
Registered
492 Posts
First choice would be bottom left , in Italian.
Top left looks Australian
Bottom right looks British

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It should be symmetrical (I believe!) but not necessarily all the same brand. My 1974 has all original glass except windshield, and has Sicursiv quarter windows and rear window and Temperbell for the 4 other side windows. I've owned 7 GTVs and they never had the same glass maker all around.
Thanks for the reply, im in the awkward position that i have 3 different brands on my car, ill meed to maybe pick the best bit and build from there
First choice would be bottom left , in Italian.
Top left looks Australian
Bottom right looks British
I was thinking the same, 4 of the 6 side parts are C.T Temp, rear window is Securit and 2 others are sicursiv, so scratching my head a little

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
It would be interesting to know if the Sicursiv‘s were primarily installed on US spec models given their DOT-36 manufacturer’s ID tag.

·
Registered
492 Posts
They could all be original. Dot , BS, IGM, AS , are approval numbers of various countries.
Alfa Romeo nearly always had at least two OEM for each part to maintain supply during
all the strikes that were going on in the 60s.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Me too , im sure one was introduced later due to a door replacment,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts