Alfa Romeo Forums banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
If noone has said it yet, the 1975 porsche 911 thats sitting in my garage has a 3.7L twinspark, and that thing sounds very high preformance. Makes my alfa's engine sound like its a quiet engine. When you step on the throttle in the porsche, it just throws you into your seats and the engine noise takes over.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Don you have a 1975 2.7L or 3.7L Twin Spark?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
ALFA GTV6 GP said:
Don you have a 1975 2.7L or 3.7L Twin Spark?
It's a 3.7L twinspark, (the engine is from an early '90s 911, and its got 80000 miles on it) (H6) its not mine, it's my dads, i havent even gotten to sit in the drivers seat.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Well.. I have to revise my list slightly.. Heard a Gallardo at full Whistle coming down my longgg Street today.. wow.. no seriously.. wow.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
nizam said:
Mats - know anyone with a Gallardo sound clip, hopefully one on the track?
Nope. I do see them around town sometimes which is kind of weird, I hesitate to drive my 75 into town because of speedbumps/bad roads. :confused:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Talking about 6 cylinders engines, and loving all V6 alfa sounds, for me the best sound is 2.5 in GTV6 2.5, though 3.0 12v and 2.5 24v sound perfect too.
Other 6 which sounds awesome is my ´97 E36 328 with kn air intake and big exhaust, it goes from DEEP to really acute fine scream as it revs, (nothing to be with the original exhaust note).
Another modern car which sounds awesome for me is Nissan 350Z.
Anyway, my vote goes fot 2.5 gtv6, with standard euro exhaust.
Saluti

·
Registered
592 Posts
AlfettaRacer said:
I worked for a guy, his name is Ignazio. He has a 1995 164S with a straight exhast, no cat, into an ansa rear muffler. That thing sounded better than my F355. (im kidding i dont have a F355) but if i did his car would sound better
Ignazio at Reinaintl?

As far as Alfa sound - v.v.nice but ... no match for that Ferrari bass,
especially the carb cars, and between 6-9k in a Ferrari, the gods of Maranello will m9ndfukc your neurons silly

·
Registered
244 Posts
The Aston Martin V8 Vantage, TVR with a TVR Power/ Rover V8 engine,Lotus/Ford 1600cc twincam of the 60's/70's, TR 6, Jaguar straight six, Maserati 450S V8, Lotus Esprit Turbo
with carbs etc. Lots of cars with great sound tracks.

I do find the original 2.5 v6 12v with a std. exhaust is the best sounding six cilinder ever made.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Maybe we should head to other forums (ricers, euro car lovers, american car lovers) and see what they think sounds the best, then put them all to the test!

·
Registered
140 Posts
nizam, love that sample... you guys heard the carrera GT?

ok, i know its german... still , nice... i'll see about a link...

don, sound and what is best, is very subjective... some like it bassy and low, some love it screechy and high !

·
Registered
244 Posts
Call me daft but sound and kind of engine and the car appearance should intertwine.
A mini with a V8 rumble doesn't make it a good marriage for me nor would I prefer a
big Mustang with that high revving sound of a fourcilinder. Sound may be good of either
engines but for me all would be inappropiate.

The power per litre from very oversquare bike engines is far higher than any car engine but the torque per litre is in line with the suggested Although power per litre can vary enormously dependent on engine design, the torque output of an engine is still primarily a function of engine capacity. I just expect a Mustang to have a big V8 rumble because it wil suit the
car. You just expect it to have a big meaty V8 heartbeat sound considering its dimensions and a bit brutish looks. Its AC/DC on wheels and a Ferrari V12 onboard would make it civil.

A car like the Giulia Sprint GTA that typical 4 cilinder sound. With an Alfa Romeo 3.0 V6
itwould miss the point no mather how glorious the V6 sound is.

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Right-Hand Drive CSL

Louis,

Where was that shot, do you know? The the idiot appears to try and keep the car on the left-side of the street with the opposing traffic...

Car looks like RHD! IS that maybe South Africa or England?

Cool sound. So many cars that sounds just unreal. That aluminium Alfa sound is unique though.

Like the 24 2.5 with exhaust. (Actually, Daiwe's "home-made" GTA 3.2s sound fantastic! He and I drove one down to Durban on a previous trip.

Kiedgells Ultima TT 24 valve - I HAVE to find a clip!

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
junglejustice said:
Louis,

Where was that shot, do you know? The the idiot appears to try and keep the car on the left-side of the street with the opposing traffic...
Probably Italy.

My understanding is that the road rules are very different when it comes to passing and on coming (opposing) traffic have to give way to a car who is passing and thus on the wrong side of the road.

That was what I was told or read somewhere :eek:
Pete

41 - 60 of 64 Posts