Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
But Mad North-Northwest
11,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is obviously not the original engine that came with my Giulia: it's a 1750 with dual Webers. Not sure what it was originally out of. Most of the conversions I've seen have the intake over on the other side: is this some sort of a Euro setup?

Can anyone tell me which intake this is, and more specifically what type of replacement air filter I need to order? Thanks much.

Attachments

·
But Mad North-Northwest
11,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also while I'm thinking of it, I've heard reference to a "cold air tube" for the 1750 intake which this obviously does not have. Should there be one on this setup?

·
Richard Jemison
7,872 Posts
Intake

That is a typical 1300/1600 105 type intake. Cold air inlet is the tube picking up air from the opening next to the radiator.

·
Registered
169 Posts
i could be wrong, early 1968 euro 1750 had this set up

·
But Mad North-Northwest
11,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haven't pulled the filter out yet. I was hoping to buy a replacement first to save a small amount of work, but that may not work I guess.

Looking in through the crossover tube opening it looks like one, long, cylindrical filter. It's some sort of a weird brown cloth...almost fuzzy? Definitely not a K&N, but some other type of cloth filter I haven't seen. Maybe it's washable?

I'll try to find some time to pull it out and take some pics.

·
But Mad North-Northwest
11,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay, this looks kind of like the setup: it's from the Giulia Veloce parts supplement. The canister looks the same, except mine has a longer snout pulling air from the engine compartment. This one has the rubber cold air tube that my setup does not have.

I don't see anywhere on mine for that tube to hook up to: there's not much of an opening next to the radiator. Might be a larger radiator too...no idea what's been modified here. I know the engine and transmission are from a later car, but beyond that...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
that's it, FWIW you'll note the breather on your 105 plenum, believe it is a tighter fit to the inner fender, the early 68 1750's used the same aircleaner as the 67, vertical with the long horn, the air intake hose went through the inner fender on the 101 veloce

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
the cold air tube, as part of the body starts with later 1750's, the intake setup common to the euro 2000. on the 105 series the snout on the aircleaner sat under the battery tray with direct airflow from the grille and could be considered a cold air intake tube. fun car.

·
But Mad North-Northwest
11,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gotcha. I assume that's where I've got the ram air ventilation tube to the driver footwell instead.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
i could be wrong, early 1968 euro 1750 had this set up
both of my 68 1750s have the aluminum plenum and crossover as pictured but the air cleaner is the large round one mounted vertical with the air snorkel on the bottom

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Would be a good idea to take the filter element out and see its condition. Usually these can be blown out with compressed air and reinstalled. They really last a very long time.

·
But Mad North-Northwest
11,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yep, I pulled it out and it was a brown fuzzy one that looked pretty clean. Blew it out with the compressor and put it back in. Thanks guys.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts