Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't looked for it really hard, yet, but on the S3 it's right by the clutch MC. Not so on the S4, so where might it be? TIA.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
on the lower part of the bulkhead, left side, just near wear the manifold meets the exhaust downpipe - protected by a heat sheild box if I remember correctly.

you need to get under the car.

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
I haven't looked for it really hard, yet, but on the S3 it's right by the clutch MC.

On an S3 it's a direct cable drive speedo that originates at the left side of the transmission tailshaft.

What you're seeing by the clutch MS is the tripometer that lights up the 'exh sensor' light on the console every 30k miles. (cable from trans to tripometer, then cable again from tripometer to speedo head. The tripometer can by totally bypassed by using an S2 speedo cable)

·
Banned
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On an S3 it's a direct cable drive speedo that originates at the left side of the transmission tailshaft.

What you're seeing by the clutch MS is the tripometer that lights up the 'exh sensor' light on the console every 30k miles. (cable from trans to tripometer, then cable again from tripometer to speedo head. The tripometer can by totally bypassed by using an S2 speedo cable)
I should have been more specific - the S3 in question is an '87, so it's the pulse generator. You're correct, though, with regards to the earlier S3's with the twin-pod dash configuration and mechanical speedo and tach.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts