Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the blower fan resistor for the speed selection. It's location alludes me!!

·
Premium Member
13,995 Posts
It is inside the blower housing, on the underside. The resistors are cooled by the air from the blower

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Alfa 75 heater fan problem...

A good little bit of info here and pictures for my fix up.

Located on the passenger side [Australian...], just look under the dash for the little clip and push it off. Board lifts out easily. Not as hard to get at [RHD] as people make out it is.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I found it. She's busted! Didn't even take it out, looked like a PIA to get to. I just measured it. I used a GTV-6 one to replace it.

·
Premium Member
13,995 Posts
There is a soldered in fuse that could be the cause of the problem. I think that you can get them at Radioshack.

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
It's COLD! I'll try to take it out when it gets warmer, my hand is still messed up and trying to take that resistor out would be a challenge. On top of that only one speed worked the other did not, so it may not be the fuse since it must protect both resistors or are there 2 fuses? She's running great. Replaced the resistor with a GTV-6 one, stuffed it under the dash and had to fix the fan switch, it was burn't and the connections were bad as well. Now off to the next problem the rear windows don't work. Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Thanks to Shiny for these. His thread link to the page here Project car - 1989 75 3.0 V6

My car was burnt out exactly the same.

Located on the left side [RHD]. Behind the glove box. Just right of where the arrow is pointing to the screw.

I put a fuse in line at the joiners. Might save burning something out again? Might not. Easier to replace the fuse though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts