Alfa Romeo Forums banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
The Duetto top frame is held together by huge industrial size rivets. With great difficulty they can be drilled out, but then you can repair the top. Some years ago we made one good Duetto top frame out of two damaged ones.

There should be a law prohibiting trees from falling on cars, especially Alfas. We have let trees get away with this kind of chicanery for too long.

Yes, those are red Koni shocks

What you have here is a very unmolested original Duetto. I say this because in the front, the nose has the straight metal crease in the center, in cars that have a front end collision, that crease is rarely put back correctly. In the back the rear bumpers still have lollipop reflectors, again you rarely see these on neglected cars.

Pull the SPICA injection system (pump, injectors, manifold & TA) and send it off to Ingram enterprises https://www.wesingram.com/ . The turnaround on these parts is very long, (like 6 months ore a year), so get that assembly going now. You may be able to buy a new gas tank, if one is available do that.

Hope this was useful

·
Registered
124 Posts
Everything I see should buff right out.

My suggestion is always to do an honest assessment, then formulate a plan based on what you ultimately want from your car.

Is it an investment to appreciate and sell, or is it a toy to enjoy? Even if it is not a car going to a high dollar auction, throwing gobs of money at it can still be justifiable.
Our hobby is one of few that can still have monetary value when we are done playing with that toy.
People that play golf don't look at the resale value of all their greens fees. That's just a cost of enjoying their hobby.

Looking at your winch system, it looks to me like you have a great father-daughter project for her to grow up with. Build the memories with her and that car will soon be priceless.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts