Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find this thing anywhere!!! I'm gonna call Alfa Import Center and a couple other vendors who don't have online catalogs tomorrow, but after scouring the net and various other vendors' websites, I'm losing hope.

It's the fuse holder that goes on the fuel pump lead behind the passenger's seat on S3 (and S4?) Spiders. Some genius in my Alfa's history removed it and plugged the leads directly together, presumably because the fuse kept blowing...due to a short circuit. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
532 Posts
I can't find this thing anywhere!!! I'm gonna call Alfa Import Center and a couple other vendors who don't have online catalogs tomorrow, but after scouring the net and various other vendors' websites, I'm losing hope.

It's the fuse holder that goes on the fuel pump lead behind the passenger's seat on S3 (and S4?) Spiders. Some genius in my Alfa's history removed it and plugged the leads directly together, presumably because the fuse kept blowing...due to a short circuit. :rolleyes:
You don't need the OEM parts here. I replaced both of those fuse holders on my '87 with weather-sealed ATC ones I bought at the local auto parts store.

·
Administrator
16,626 Posts
Unless you are entering your Spider in an originality (aka 'concours') competition (and I doubt they'd be lifting the parcel shelf to inspect the fuse holder anyway), I'd suggest installing a modern blade type fuse holder.

I like the Posi-Lock line of products*. Click on 'new products' to find their in-line fuse holder.

8 amps is the correct rating, BTW. If that isn't available I suspect 10 amps would be OK.

* dare I say it? - WalMart carries these...

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys......yikes ghnl, you are suggesting I return to The Vole for more auto parts? :)

Actually the real reason I want to get an original article is because I want to see how the connections go together, but since some of you have replaced the fuse then maybe you can tell me. There are two red wires that go into the fuseholder connection....what I'm wondering is whether or not those two wires both go to one end of that fuse (thus shorting together), or does only one connect to the fuse while the other passes straight by it and connects directly to one of the blue wires?

I'm fine with putting in an aftermarket fuseholder so long as I know how everything is supposed to connect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts