Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anybody knows where in the Toronto Area somebody sells GTA Replicas (14x7)?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
If there is anyone (and I don't think there is) they would be special ordering them for you. I think your best bet is getting them from someone like Alfaholics in the UK. At least two of the Toronto guys have their wheels and they are really nice.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Make that 3 Toronto chapter guys. I ordered a set of GTA 15'' x 7'' ET 29 Superleggera's last week from Alfaholics.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
David, Photo of the rims the hour I unpacked them, stubby vave stems installed, haven't ordered the tires yet. I have narrowed my choices down to a few tire models. Size 205 60 15.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Ken, I was thinking I should tape a photo of the Mustang wheels to the back window so people recognise my GTV. I have had those rims on my GTV for over 20 years, come to think of it, the same tires too.!

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
I think I have pictures of your car with those wheels that I took at the ARCC convention in Ottawa. That has to be almost 20 years ago!

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Ken, I have photos of my daughter age 2 next to my car with those wheels and tires on(she is now over 22), the more I think about it I would bet the rims and tires went on the GTV at least 21 years ago. Also I bought the tires used at that time! What year was the Ottawa convention? I think I had them for a couple years before that.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Ken, I have photos of my daughter age 2 next to my car with those wheels and tires on(she is now over 22), the more I think about it I would bet the rims and tires went on the GTV at least 21 years ago. Also I bought the tires used! What year was the Ottawa convention? I think I had them for a couple years before that.
I think it was the second Ottawa convention I attended which was August of 1995.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They look real nice Brad. If I can't find anything locally I will probably get the 14x7 GTA Replicas from Classic Alfa. I was hoping to avoid the shipping and brokerage fees usually associated with ordering from outside the country.

·
Registered
811 Posts
The shipper that Alfaholics uses hands off to Canada post when it get here so the brokerage is very low $5.00 ? or $7.00 ? I have not got anything this winter so it could have changed . AND a few time the tax man forgotten about a package.
Of course when that happens I send the tax direct to Ottawa :rolleyes:

Brad what did you pay on top of the price for the rims ? IMG_7963.jpg

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
David, Alfaholics sent the rims via the postal system. Shipping was 90 pounds sterling for the set of rims, that equals $140.75. They arrived in 2 boxes, each box cost an additional $8.50 each in handling fees for Canada post. Duty was charged at 6.5% plus 13% tax on the combined value of the rims and duty. So they tax the duty! Also credit cards charge about 3% above the going exchange rate for converting currency.!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The shipper that Alfaholics uses hands off to Canada post when it get here so the brokerage is very low $5.00 ? or $7.00 ? I have not got anything this winter so it could have changed . AND a few time the tax man forgotten about a package.
Of course when that happens I send the tax direct to Ottawa :rolleyes:

Brad what did you pay on top of the price for the rims ? View attachment 239159
Those rims look great on your spider David. Which ones are those?

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
My advice would be to check the offsets on the 14'' GTA wheels, ET33 is suited to the early low arch GTs. Other GTA 14x6 or 6.5 or 7'' rims have offsets that push the rims outward for a more agressive stance. A quick search shows 14x7'' at ET19, 23, or 29mm, 14x6.5'' at ET17 or 18mm, and 14x6'' at ET23, 30 and 33mm. I do remember seeing GTA rims with ET24-25mm range, also there are custom offsets available and wheel spacers.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts