Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Where to get Dentax or AGIP Rotra?

5K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  180OUT 
#1 ·
Everybody talks about the Shell Dentax 90 and AGIP F.1 Rotra S.A.E. 90, but nobody mentions where they get it. Any help?

#6 ·
Ah, I had the problem of trying to find someone who sold GL-1 Gear Oil locally. I went to several of the old fashion parts stores, several chain parts stores, and even two NAPAs before I found a NAPA that carried GL-1 Gear Oil in stock. I am sure you could order it through your local NAPA even if they don't have in on their shelf. If you have trouble, I'll read the label on the jug I have at home and give you their NAPA part number.

#7 ·
Ah, I had the problem of trying to find someone who sold GL-1 Gear Oil locally. I went to several of the old fashion parts stores, several chain parts stores, and even two NAPAs before I found a NAPA that carried GL-1 Gear Oil in stock. I am sure you could order it through your local NAPA even if they don't have in on their shelf. If you have trouble, I'll read the label on the jug I have at home and give you their NAPA part number.

I guess the days of having a real parts man run down something relatively obscure are over.

Contact either the oil distributor or jobber for GL-1 lube. They can get, in the case of Shell, the Dentax for you although you'll probably have to purchase a 5 gal. pail and pay retail. Other distributors and/or jobbers can also get GL-1 if it's still being made.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.