Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I need to replace the right rear fender and the rear lower valance. Any ideas on where to get body panels?

·
Premium Member
21,374 Posts
No one that I know of makes Berlina replacement or repair panels. For anything sizeable you'd have to find NOS stuff sitting around or find someone cutting up a car. Checking here, ebay, etc. is probably the way to go. Craig Morningstar here in Calif had a shell he was trying to unload, but I don't know what the good parts were, or whether he still has it.

Andrew

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Damoj, I've got a 2lt parts car and I'm parting out anything I don't want. It's got a good rear valance which I could potentially cut-off the car for you. If you're interested let me know so I can have a closer look at it to make sure it's good, and find out shipping costs etc so I can give you a price.

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
I recently had Allen Hall of Wolf Steel make a left front lower fender piece for me. I haven't welded it in yet but it appears to be a good fit. In addition to the rusty panel I sent him for a pattern, I sent him a full (rusty) rocker panel and a rear fender (equally rusty) so that he would have patterns to work from in case someone needed them. I'll try to post a pic of the panel he made for me later this week. I may have a usable rear valance as well. I'll check in the daylight.

Bill Sinclair

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great! just what I was hoping for. I will post some pictures of what I am dealing with, and maybe we can match up what you guys have to what I need.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whoa.. pictures.

Excuse the shoddy camera work, but this is what I am looking at.

http://www.damoj.com/berlina

I could probably just make some patch panels to replace the pieces over the rear wheels, but the right rear fender has a curve to it that I don't think I have the skill to fabricate.

It is hard to see in these pictures but the metal above the right wheel arch is pretty badly warped. It had quite a bit of bondo on it, which the rust got behind and went to town. I am trying to decide on the best approach to get it straightened.

Should I be posting this in the restoration forums instead?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Berlina panels

Damoj,
Google:www.haeckner-shop.com and you are led to a German side of Häckner GmbH. Go to online shop, then to Karosserie, weitere Alfa Klassieker, Karosserie Berlina. Scroll to Kotflügel( fender in English ). When you scroll just a little bit further down, you come to Radlaufbleche hinten ( arch backside ). I hope this is what you mean, not cheap, but the right parts.
John.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FWOAH.... hmmm.. now how to figure out how much it is going to cost to ship.. Have you dealt with these guys before?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Berlina panels

No, I haven't, but they have e-mail. It is under Kontakt. You always can ask if they ship and what it costs.
Good luck.
John.

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
Okay, here are the pics I promised. The rear panel is from a '74 Berlina with rubber bumpers so it has those large cutouts that you don't want. Also rust on the bottom outside edges. I'd sell it pretty cheap though you might find something better locally. The last pic is of the panel that Wolf Steel made for me. I don't know if you can see the contoured lip that matches the wheel well but it's a lot better than I could have ever done with a mallet and a sandbag. I'm happy to pay someone that knows what they're doing in this instance. As I said, he now has patterns to make rockers and rear fenders as well so you might give him a call. These parts are not yet listed on his website but I expect the pricing will be similar to his GTV panels. Some people don't like the way his floor pans fit but I haven't heard any complaints about his outer panels. I have no financial interest, etc. I'm just interested in seeing more old Berlinas brought back. Here's his website:

http://www.alfaparts.net/

Keep us posted on what you find.

Bill Sinclair

Attachments

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Hey Damoj.

Its always the way.Always the other side.
I have the LH quarter with the fuel lid,NOS (new old stock) part number still attached ( sticker) 105 41 54 027 00.
Do you require the LH quarter as well ?

Robert

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks all for the info. There seems to be more and more berlina parts being made these days. I have contacted Wolf Steel. They say they have patterns for a 73, but there shouldn't be any difference right? I have also sent an email off to haeckner to see what they might have in stock and how much it might cost to ship to the US.

·
Premium Member
21,374 Posts
The only differences I can think of would be (1) cutouts for US side markers, (2) difference to front and rear valances for 74 US cars with rubber bumpers, and (3) differences to front panel for US vs. non-US front turn signals. 1750 and 2000 noses will have small differences for 7" vs. 5 3/4" outer headlights and grille fastenings.
Andrew

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Rocker and quarter panels, they are not available at Haeckner. I already checked with them.

Giorgio

Thanks all for the info. There seems to be more and more berlina parts being made these days. I have contacted Wolf Steel. They say they have patterns for a 73, but there shouldn't be any difference right? I have also sent an email off to haeckner to see what they might have in stock and how much it might cost to ship to the US.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good site.. from what I have been able to put together using bablefish. Nice find btw Tarnow. Now I just need to hunt around and find the parts I need and see if they have them.

I guess I could try and fabricate the parts I need, or I could buy them. Develop a new skill in the way of metal working, or tac weld parts in place. I need to work out the total cost. Maybe it cost the same to take some metal working classes.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Tarnow, The French site looks promising, I don't "sprecken" but it looks like they have repro front wings/fenders and front panels.
Does anyone have pic's or experience of fitting the wolf steel sills/rockers and rear wings/fenders? Do the rear wings have the all important crease line above the wheel arch?
Does any one know if Guilia middle sills can be adapted to fit Berlinas? (the outers can be lengthened slightly to do the job apparently).
P.S. Somewhere out there someone has a pair of complete body sides:eek: (door appatures/A,B+C posts/sills) I saw them on ebay about 12/18 months ago just before I bought my Berlina and didn't realise how precious they were at the time:mad:. If I recall correctly they were around £160 each (bargain?) being sold somewhere in europe (poss. Greece) don't know what happened to them:(.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well. So far no response from the German site or the French site. And Wolf Steel will get back to me on Friday because Allen is out till then. I did do some panel beating so things are looking better.

Bill S. Thanks for the offer on the rear panel you have, but the parts I need are exactly the parts that were removed for the rubber bumpers. I think right now my best bet is wolf steel. I am going to give that French site another try. Would APE have something like this?

·
Premium Member
21,374 Posts
If they have a Berlina shell sitting around, but that's fairly rare. Can't hurt to check with them though.
Andrew

1 - 20 of 44 Posts