Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody!!

I've just joined the forum and just wanna say hi to everybody!!

Get back to the question...

I have been looking for a GTV 1750 2000 for quite a while, and the only websites that I know are eBay and this Forum.

Any other suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

:)

·
Admin
4,862 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx

Smestas, thank you very much!!

BTW, is there a "best time" to buy an Alfa? ie. The time most people try to sell their Alfas?

I know most people try to sell their bike in Winter... and you always get a great deal when buying bikes in winter...

ps. i just lost my bid on eBay (the 71 GTV) on Sunday... have to look for my "love" again...

thx

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
Also try the following:

www.alfaclassifieds.com

www.alfacentro.com

Sometimes, www.thebiglot.com will have stuff.

Sites such as Abracat http://www.abracat.com/index.jsp allow you to conduct nationwide searches of newspaper classified adds posted on line. You'll be surprised by what you find.

Also, people post cars for sale on a regular basis on AD.

I would also join your local AROC. A Spider I sold about a year ago as well as a Milano that I bought about a month ago changed hands via word-of-mouth through my local AROC chapter. They're both very nice cars that changed hands for very reasonable prices.

Ebay has a consistent availability of cars, but I often find prices to be a bit on the high side.

Not sure about a "best time" to buy an Alfa. Here in TX, we don't really have winter weather to contend with. Markets in colder climates maybe more seasonal.

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
hahahahahahahahah!

That’s funny because I was watching and going to bid on the same eBay GTV that closed on Sunday. Did you go and look at it? I didn't but Sniady my friend did for me and he really wasn't that impressed with the car it definitely needed some work. It also closed over the 2000 mark.

I'm sure that with a little patients and due diligence you will find just the right one. That is if were not bidding against each other!

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
determination!

Finding a GTV is tuff at least was for me. I'll give you some advise bookmark as many classified sites and check them everyday because people are looking harder then you. It's true. I found like 3 cars that were up for two days each one was sold, it'd piss me off!!!

I like to keep my sites a secret, so no one comes up on something I want, like a 60 61 sprint.
:D . But if i find a 1750/2000 i'll post it up on here.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
smestas said:
hahahahahahahahah!

That’s funny because I was watching and going to bid on the same eBay GTV that closed on Sunday. Did you go and look at it? I didn't but Sniady my friend did for me and he really wasn't that impressed with the car it defiantly needed some work. It also closed over the 2000 mark.

I'm sure that with a little patients and due diligence you will find just the right one. That is if were not bidding against each other!
Haha!! :D

Yes, I did go there and checkout the car on Saturday morning. (Alvin, the owner of that car and SIX other GTVs is a very nice guy) The car is kinda rough, but look better than the pictures on the eBay. I'm in a very tight budget and couldn't afford a restored one. I was going to strip it and do everything myself towards just a performance daily driver (not a show car) in mind.

My highest bid was $1700 since I don't think it worths more than that.

btw, Sniady was the one who introduced me to alfabb.com THX Sniady!!

Anyway, thank you all of you for the help!!

You guys are the nicest people I have ever met in any bulletin board!!

THX!!! :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
alfachan:

I went and checked the car out saturday mourning to. Car is beat up, so much bondo, needs a lot lot lot of work! But its so nice, has so much potencial!

Alvin is a great guy, he's super cool! I was planning on being there for 20 minutes and ended up there for 2 hours, just rapping out with him. He wants to trade that 69 he has in the back and money for my GTV.
I thought about it for a while. But I love my GTV I can't let it go!

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
Here's an add that maybe of interest to you from alfacentro:

I have two Texas (no rust) GTV's for sale - 1973 (red) original owner, 1974 (blue) 3rd owner. Neither running - garage stored last 10 years. Both need total restoration and I just don't have the time anymore.

Ben Hudson, Houston, TX 713-467-7355

Although these cars are actually local to me, I don't know anything about them.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,363 Posts
I agree that finding a good GTV is no easy task. When I found the GTV I wanted, I just pestered the owner for 3+ years until he finally sold it to me. Actually, I think it was more like 4 years between the first time I offered him money and when he actually sold me the car.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
My name is James, James Bondo

Sniady said:
alfachan:

I went and checked the car out saturday mourning to. Car is beat up, so much bondo, needs a lot lot lot of work! But its so nice, has so much potencial!

Alvin is a great guy, he's super cool! I was planning on being there for 20 minutes and ended up there for 2 hours, just rapping out with him. He wants to trade that 69 he has in the back and money for my GTV.
I thought about it for a while. But I love my GTV I can't let it go!
Yeah, the bondo and dings were everywhere... he told me the gas tank is leaking too... but the engine starts at the first turn of the key. And looks like all the suspension bushings had gone... the wheels were rocking back and forth so badly...
has very good potential though... especially for the price he was letting it go...

I ended up spending three times the time I expected to stay there too... he showed me all the websites to look for parts, and all the parts that he is going to install.

Did you invite him to join alfabb.com too?

:rolleyes: alfa_chan -- still searching...

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Re: My name is James, James Bondo

alfa_chan said:

I ended up spending three times the time I expected to stay there too... he showed me all the websites to look for parts, and all the parts that he is going to install.

Did you invite him to join alfabb.com too?

:rolleyes: alfa_chan -- still searching...
Yeah he has a grip of parts. I told him about the site, I think he browses, but has not joined yet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
74 Gtv 2000

Hello Chan and everyone. I too am new to this venue and and impressed! I have a 74 GTV 2000 which needs a new home, but will need restoring. It hasn't been on the road since 91.........(I know, I'll just slash my wrists) This car is probably one of the most original you'll find. I let my daughter use it, it quit, I parked it. I'm sure it was a fuel problem. It's been parked in a hangar for years so is in pretty good shape, I think. Anyway, anyone interested, let me know. Located in Mississippi.....thanks, Donnie

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Welcome to the BB, Donnie!

I would suggest that you start a for sale thread in the forum "Alfa Romeo Cars For Sale & Wanted". Have a look at the sticky about how to posts, but it is pretty easy. You may also want to take a look at some of the threads, for examples of what kind of information people post. Certainly the good and bad points of the vehicle are of interest. For cars that are not running, it is almost a must to post pictures. GTVs are desirable cars for sure, but condition is paramount in assessing any kind of non-running project.

Best regards,

·
Registered
10 Posts
74 Gtv

Thank you sir for the welcome and advice. Still learning how to navigate around the site......bear with me everyone. I'll get some pictures up as soon as possible. Reading what your guys are saying makes me want to get it going again. Currently riding in a Mitsubishi 3000 GT......Won't hold a candle to the Alfa handling wise! Just getting too old I guess! Donnie

·
Registered
505 Posts
FS 1976 2000 GTV European version for sale

Hi Alfa Chan
I do have a AR for sale. It's the Gold colored one in the Photo.
It's a European version so it has carburettors instead of Injection.
No side marker lights
Please PM me for further info.
I can send you more photo's

Thanks
happy Motoring
Rob

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts