Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like sourcing my bits from known suppliers but have struck out looking for a quality high amp capable H4 socket. Tried Mouser, Digikey, Waytek and no dice. These things are plentiful on eBay etc but I don't know what I'm getting or what (if any) amperage they are rated for. Tips? I'm working on a few projects that need these and want something that can handle 10 amps to allow for the crazy 100/130 bulbs if needed.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,510 Posts
Make sure the spades are 8mm wide, a lot of the ceramic eBay ones come with 6.3mm spades. That was my learning moment when I got the parts to put headlight relays in my gtv6.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wouldn't all H4/HB2 bulbs have the same male tabs on them? I'm not home to measure but you are saying they are the larger size?

Thanks for flagging this.

·
Premium Member
1,510 Posts
I believe the bulbs would have all the same sized spade but the ceramic connectors from eBay have a variety of female spades in the kits.
I was looking for ceramic connectors that I built myself, a) because I was finding that the ones with pigtails already had smaller gauge wire than I wanted and b) with pigtail connectors there is an extra joint for connecting the pigtail to the rest of the run.

·
Registered
584 Posts
At $6 and free shipping, buy one and then you will know.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have Bought from ebay already. I dont know that I can evaluate quality or safety from looking at the thing.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I believe the bulbs would have all the same sized spade but the ceramic connectors from eBay have a variety of female spades in the kits.
I was looking for ceramic connectors that I built myself, a) because I was finding that the ones with pigtails already had smaller gauge wire than I wanted and b) with pigtail connectors there is an extra joint for connecting the pigtail to the rest of the run.
You are correct - these appear to be Fastin-Faston 312 series not the more common 250 series thanks for flagging that!

Yes I will be making my own leads not using a connector with a pigtail.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts