Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a long and painfull wait i am hoping that the doctor will clear me to drive just in time for summer. UNFORTUNATELY, arosc didnt take this into consideration and plan any time trial events around my schedule! So instead of wasting away my summer months doing my usual things and waiting for september to roll around i was wondering if there where any other clubs or organizations around that T.T. frequently and would allow me to track with them?

maybe the miata club?

·
Registered
130 Posts
most clubs don't host TT. They have HPDE days where you drive on the track with a group. There is usually no timing but it makes for great practice. But you have to choose who you run with carefully. Most drivers that get kicked out of organized racing end up in these.

They are too many of them to list. The two I like are Speedventures or Redline Track events.

Here is a website that lists most organizations hosting track days.

http://track-days.org/page2.html

·
Registered
26 Posts
On June 28th there will be a full track day at Willow Springs operated by an offshoot group of Open Track Racing. I teach the classroom session for both groups. It's a great deal: 2.5 hours of track time for $145. The only downside (for some) is that it's on a Tuesday. But they run three groups in half hour sessions. You'll see everything from Vipers and Vettes to Porsches, BMW's, Alfas, Minis, STI's and Evo8's. A very level-headed bunch of guys, too. Free lunch, and they pay your $10 gate fee.

You can sign up here, if you're interested.

(I have no financial involvement with the group, by the way.)

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
smestas said:
I take it you are somewhere in So. California.

I've never been to one of these Open Track events but I do have friends that say you get plenty of track time with them.

http://www.opentrackracing.com/
Yea

went to the last event.... a great group of guys, self tech, no egos, very fast and above all, tons of track time. I counted 4 sessions and a bonus all group car run in the end. The money you save here will be needed for the brake pads and tires you'll grind away....lol

Not sure if many non- race spec Alfa 105 can keep up on Big Willow though.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I see a POC Short Track Series at the Streets June 25-26.
Anybody have recent experience with POC. Many years I would do an event with them just to get more experience.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The POC short track series has been very crowded, this past year or so. Other than that, it's a great program, in my opinion (but then, I'm a POC instructor).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts